Friday 18 August 2017

Unmotivation

Normally the Summertime fills me with energy and makes me super motivated to get out and do things. 

The last week or so this has not been the case. If I am at home and Dom is napping I have a very hard time getting up and doing something instead of sitting on the couch and/or taking a nap. 

I force myself to get out for a walk every morning after breakfast, but still I feel lethargic and lazy. 

My laundry is piled high waiting to be folded, my pictures are waiting to be blogged, my food is waiting to be cooked, my bathroom is waiting to be cleaned, my floors are waiting to be vacuumed...yet I sit. 

If I have plans to get out of the house I have no problems doing that and I really enjoy it. It's just at home. I have a to-do list a mile long of things I need and want to do. Pinterest pins of great ideas all over. Why can't I bring myself to do it?

I am reminded by some that it may be many many years before I have the luxury of TOO much down time. Maybe I use that as an excuse too. 

I write this post as I procrastinate on all the things that actually need to get done. I think it's time for me to hide the remote. Hide my phone. Hide the laptop. It is so easy for me to sit and kill an hour on Facebook, doing Crosswords, writing blogs about nothing, or Pinteresting ideas of things to do and meals to make. Maybe it's time to actually get up and do. 

Alright. Motivational speech to self over! Wish me luck!


This crazy boy should be enough to motivate me!


We actually bought this patio set for $20 at a garage sale last weekend. It looks much more rickety than it is. I have sanded (almost all of) it down and am prepping to paint it. Just have to keep at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment