Tuesday 22 August 2017

Anyone Want to See One Direction Tonight?

Yesterday afternoon Jeff sent a message to the family WhatsApp group asking if anyone wanted to go to One Direction at Rogers. I guess he had extra tickets through work. Courtney and I decided we could go together!
I mentioned having to learn some One Direction songs, and then Jeff messaged, "Shit... One Republic. Not One Direction." EVEN BETTER! Haha. Less teeny boppers!


I drove Courtney and I down to Rogers after her work. we pulled up to the parking garage, dropped Jeff's name and quickly got let in where our tickets were waiting. We were sitting in Section 116, Row 16, Seats 3 and 4. 

We were there nice and early and got to watch the whole opening act, which was Fitz & the Tantrums. I really enjoyed them actually! Especially the fact that they had a guy playing the sax and alto sax. There was even a sick sax solo! 


 

Over all the show exceeded my expectations. I figured it would be a good concert, but I didn't really know many One Republic songs. Turns out I know/recognize a lot more than I thought I did!



Highlight: Waiting the entire show to hear my favorite song. It was the third song in the encore. Yes... three song encore... I had lost hope, but then there it was! Makes it more exciting that way. Also... the saxophone guy and the cellist. I can really appreciate talented musicians. 

Lowlight: Hmmm.... $10 beer! I knew it was going to be expensive, but that caught me off guard! $10 for a can of beer! Couldn't believe it!





One Republic put on a great show. It appealed to a wide audience; there were people of all ages around us. What a great way to spend a random Monday evening! Certainly beat sitting on the couch watching TV!!


I love live shows!

1 comment:

  1. We saw One Republic at the River Rock - maybe 8 years ago? - they were so good live!!

    ReplyDelete