Thursday 23 March 2017

Thankful Thursday - 82

Thankful Thursday time again...

1. Little bits of Holland. All my grandparents immigrated here from Holland many years ago. There's not much about my life that pays tribute to that, but there are a few reminders I have every day! 
- Words I use: Dookie (I have no clue how to spell that, and couldn't find it online.. probably way off!), dropje, eet smakelijk, Oma, Opa, een klein beetje, gezelligheid, boerenkool
- Photos around the house (see below)
- Foods I eat: Boerenkool, chocolate letters for Christmas, spekulaas, dropjes, stroopwafels, hagelslag, croquettes, etc. 
- Memories of our trip to Holland in 2014


My Eet Smakelijk sign I made that sits behind our kitchen table

Croquettes met Broodje

 The leaning tower of Leeuwarden, the town where my Oma DJ grew up.

The house Oma DJ grew up in

I mean who DOESN'T have this photo from IKEA in their house?!

2. Getting out of the house. I feel like I've used this one before. Oh well. My life is full of repetition. I try at to get out at least once per day. Every Tuesday I go to Public Health for their baby classes. This week we learned about Speech & Language Development. This came with some fun songs, and lots of chatting babies (age 0-6 months). Tons of fun!


Dom enjoys getting out too! Here he is at our baby class at Public Health this Tuesday

And this is why it is so nice to get out. I spend so many hours a day in this room, on this couch. I love many parts of it, but the clutter and mess gets to me at times! No matter how many times I tidy/clean, it always comes back to this! (Now you know... this is what my real life looks like. If you ever come over and it's clean... then I deliberately cleaned for you!)

3. Sleep! Oh am I ever dreading this 4 month sleep regression that is supposed to be happening in the next few weeks... The last couple nights Dom has been sleeping so amazing. He will sleep from 10-4ish, then feed, and then sleep till 730 or 8. Exception being last night, where he was up at 3 and 6, but went back to sleep until 9! When he is up for a feed it only takes us 30 minutes until he's back down again. I have no troubles falling back asleep most of the time, as we keep it a very low-stimulation environment. Every time I mention what a great sleeper he is I feel like I'm jinxing it. He's bound to become disastrous soon! For now, I cherish!


Dom sleeps and Mommy blogs! If only I could learn to use this napping time more productively... Like for cleaning above-mentioned dirty house... 

1 comment:

  1. Okay now I'm craving a stroopwaffle!!

    "so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."

    ReplyDelete