Thursday 22 December 2016

Thankful Thursday - 70

Been having some ups and downs this week, but there are still things to be grateful for...

1. We get to meet this little baby soon! That's my nice way of saying, "GET THIS THING OUT OF ME! I WANT MY BODY BACK!" Haha. I know my body will never be the same, but it would be nice to have my housecoat cover my belly again, and have some comfy clothes that fit over this belly, and be able to walk through the upstairs hallway with the laundry closet open without bumping into anything. 95% of the time I can maintain a good, positive, humorous attitude about things for which I am also grateful! 



2. Impromptu Date Nights. David and I had our prenatal class on Monday, and I remembered before-hand that I had a gift certificate from the Vault for my birthday. We headed out for an early dinner and enjoyed some delicious bites! I had lobster ravioli, and David had the braised lamb shank! Trying to keep up the impromptu dates before baby comes. Things will be looking different soon!




How could I forget we had this delicious Apple Crumble too?! 

3. Generosity. While I'm sure it helps that Baby-K is the first grandchild on both sides, and the first great-grandchild for my dad's parents AND our due date is close to Christmas, we have been so incredibly spoiled. We are so grateful for all the gifts we've received, as well as hand-me-downs, loaner items, and offers of help (already!). We are trying hard not to take all of this for granted. We are so privileged to be surrounded by such amazing family and friends. 

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and takes some time to consider the things they have to be thankful for this season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment