Tuesday 13 December 2016

Lately - Start of Maternity Leave

What does one do when they have started their 55 weeks off of work, but does not yet have a baby?! This is what I've been up to the last few days... 

Warning... Many pictures of food... I see where my priorities lie!

There are many things I wanted to do before baby comes on my time off... This week we crossed a few things off the list, and got a couple bonuses!

Bake Cookies - Have to satisfy my sweet tooth somehow! 

Freezer Meal Prep - Scott & Courtney spent the day with us on Saturday prepping a bunch of meals for our freezer for after baby comes. They will come in handy!!! Chili, Spaghetti Sauce, Hot Spot/Boerenkool with gravy, Thai Chicken Pizzas, Muffins... After we were done, we went to Edith & Arthurs and used our Anniversary coupon, which gets us a free bottle of champagne and a dessert. I had a sip of the champagne, but we split the bottle with all of us. 
Doesn't look like as much food as it really is!


Candy Cane Brownie. I could take it or leave it. Nothing special unfortunately.

Christmas Shopping - I got most of my shopping done online, but had/have a few more things to grab. It's nice being off before the school kids get out of classes as the stores aren't QUITE as busy as they will be!
Of course I'm not posting anything that we actually purchased, but we contemplated the Millennium Falcon Gingerbread kit haha!

Hang out with family - Mom got a snow day on Friday (for that HUGE snow storm that never was...), so we met up at Cactus Club for lunch and then did some shopping! We agreed it is tough to know when we'll be able to do that again! 

Celebrate my 25th birthday - It was my birthday on Sunday, so there was much visiting with family that day! We had church, and then a special eggs benedict and hash-brown casserole brunch with David's parents. From here we went home so I could nap, and then off to my parents house where almost everyone could be there! We had sushi from Hanako (YUM!) and played a few games together. We are all getting together on Friday again to have an early Christmas celebration, but the more the merrier I think!


Delicious! They know me too well :)

Pink cupcakes because Shelley decided everything lately had been blue/boy themed!

I made whispers once about wanting this game at home, and David and his Dad heard! While they were in Revelstoke they MADE this for me! Extra special when things are hand-made! Very cool. 

The best sushi


Snuggle with my bestie


Haha I love his creepy zombie-dog face when he's dreaming. 

Snow day!! What is up with all this snow we've been getting? I do not remember the last time there was snow on my birthday. What a special treat :). Especially when I can sit inside all day if I want to and drink tea and look out at the snow from my living room couch! BONUS! We actually got out for a walk one day. I was feeling well enough to do so, so we went to Tynehead and did part of the paved loop with Sherlock. He LOVED pouncing in the snow, and tolerated posing for photos. 










Crafting - I sewed (yes... I sewed) a few Walmart tank tops into nursing tank tops to save money! Amy suggested giving this a try, and I think I will be very happy I did! Three tanks for $9 instead of one for $40! (It's insane how expensive nursing clothes are!). 
Note the Christmas Jammies. No work means no one can tell me when to change out of my PJ's!

Colouring - I've picked up my colouring book again to relax, but also feel like I'm accomplishing something (other than catching up on my TV shows). 


Catching up on crap TV - I have a few guilty pleasure TV shows that I've started to catch up on... Not proud of this... Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Teen Mom. Yup... that's a quality use of time! I know I'll have time to watch TV after baby comes though, so this isn't high on my "priority list". 

As you can see I've been trying to make the most of my time off. This is all among the regular boring chores that have to be done (laundry, dishes, nesting, prepping, etc.). Hopefully we can make it through Christmas celebrations before baby comes! Or hopefully baby comes like today or tomorrow so I don't have to miss anything due to being in labour! Haha.

A few more things to hopefully still accomplish:
- Get a massage (Actually did this today)
- Go to Chiropractor
- Go to Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Consultation (Booked for Friday)
- Get a mani/pedi (Thinking Wednesday)
- See Star Wars (Tickets are purchased for Dec 18)

Doable! 
Until next time... Who knows what my next update will be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment