Thursday 2 June 2016

Thankful Thursday - 46

A couple bonus things to be thankful for this week!

1. Healthy breakfasts! Every morning I make a smoothie using our Ninja Blender (which we LOVE). A typical smoothie consists of... frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries), frozen mango, frozen banana, frozen spinach, ground flax seed, yougurt and milk. You may turn your nose up at the spinach, but I PROMISE you cannot taste or notice it at all. You'll just have to try it!


Before blending...

AFTER blending! See?! No semblance of spinach!

2. Lovely evenings with friends. Every so often we get together with Brent & Amy at their house after their kiddos are in bed. We always eat whatever our hearts desire (typically cheese, crackers... candy...), and talk about whatever is on our mind (nothing is off limits). We've really enjoyed getting to know them and are looking forward to continuing/building the friendship!


Fruit, Cheese, Crackers, Sausages... and there was candy too!

3. Enjoying our patio. This is exactly what I wanted it for... I come home from work on a nice day and sit out on the patio for 30 minutes or so. Sherlock loves it too! We have some sort of Maple tree (I can't remember what it's called...I'm the worst with plants) in our yard that provides nice light shade. 




Caught in the act! Smelling the flowers... Such a strange guy!

4. Facebook Bidding Site. Sometimes it can be a nuissance, but when I get $350+ worth of crafting materials for $61, I consider it a win! This Big Shot machine is an embosser & cutter. It came with two different "fonts" (one of which was never opened and still had $150 price tag on it) that will cut out letters for you to use. I have to get/borrow some embossing folders now!


This shows the machine, my two font boxes, and a test of each font! So easy to use and I can't wait to get card-making/scrap-booking whenever I find time :)

5. Feeling all adult-y. We got mail the other day for our Property Taxes. Normally this is not exciting, but I had been anticipating this mail. I quickly got online to apply for the Home Owner's Grant, to have our taxes reduced. After this, I promptly went to the Online Banking and paid them off. Feels good to have that done! Now to start saving again for next year!
{For those who are nosy and interested (as I would be, especially if I was planning on buying a place)... our taxes were $1,651.32 after the HOG deduction of $570.}

First time paying property taxes! Even though it's not the most exciting thing in the world, there's only one first time for everything!

3 comments:

  1. EEK! you got a big shot. I have tons of stuff you can play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We pay our property taxes monthly and then if there is a remainder, pay it then (it was something like $180 remaining this year). WE love our smoothies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have our property taxes added onto our mortgage, then we don't even really see it. Ours went up $200 this year but we're expecting much more next.

    Don't forget to fill out the homeowners grant!!

    We also really enjoy our double date nights :)

    ReplyDelete