Thursday 23 June 2016

Thankful Thursday - 48

Life has been smooth sailing lately for us for the most part, and there is lots to be thankful for!

1. Getting my energy back. As I round the corner towards second trimester, I have stopped taking multiple naps during the day (yay!). I forgot how productive it is possible to be, and how much time is left in the day after I get home from work! When I was suffering from the fatigue, I thought, "Surely I'm just being lazy. This is ridiculous." Now that I feel almost normal again I'm thinking that the fatigue was for real... I wasn't being lazy... that wasn't fun. I wouldn't choose that! It feels great to be able to come home and walk the dog instead of passing out on the couch for an hour. 


David surprised me with some of my favorite flowers the other day. Is this a "thank you for not making me do ALL the housework anymore and sleeping all the time?"

2. Oma meals and visits. This is definitely a repeat, but I will continue to be grateful for these times! Oma had us over for dinner this week and she made a crowd favorite! Meatballs with gravy, mashed potatoes, red cabbage (love), green beans, PICKLES, soup to start, and applesauce. Seriously. If this isn't the best home-cooked food ever I don't know what is! We definitely have to visit with Oma more often.


We're all ogling Oma's meatballs & gravy fresh from the oven. Salivating again thinking about it!

I ate a lot of food... Everyone was shocked (and maybe a little impressed?) at how much I packed into my stomach. I kept re-filling my plate before it was empty. Had to capitalize on the delicious food while I could!

3. Quirks. Sherlock... he is so tolerant. Putting up with all my torturous photos. Look at how cute he is though!


Prince Sherly. Looking super uncomfortable with having this paper crown on his head. Poor pup! Haha... Don't worry Sherlock, in 6 months you'll be WISHING I had time to torture you like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment