Tuesday 14 June 2016

9 WEEKS (GREEN OLIVE): May 29-Jun 4

9 Weeks (GREEN OLIVE):


I feel like I look super large this week! We take evening photos, so maybe that's why... I've already ingested most of my food and drink for the day! Nice and bloated! I think I will wear all black from now on. It provides nice contrast...


Boobs are slowly getting bigger? (YAY!)
  • This is the start of month 3!
  • despise olives, so comparing my baby to a green olive this week is less exciting than the raspberry from last week... However! That means baby is getting bigger! What to Expect when You're Expecting says my baby is an inch long! That's pretty significant since it started as a poppy seed in week 4!
  • My baby has exited the "embryonic" stage and has officially entered the "fetal" stage
  • Baby is too small to feel, but has started moving around in there, flailing the arms and legs.
  • Have I ever been so tired? NOPE! Multiple naps when possible plus early bed times is the only way I can remotely function throughout the day.
  • Nausea comes and goes. Still no vomiting, but there is definitely the occasional dry-heave. The triggers are random and unpredictable, but I can tell you brushing my teeth has become a difficult task!
  • I seem to be rather gassy... Sorry folks... Pregnancy isn't always a pretty thing!
  • Breasts occasionally more sore at times than last week, but still haven't grown as much as I was hoping! Lots of time for that still I suppose.
  • Still not missing alcohol as much as I expected. It would be nice to have a glass of wine with dinner, or a cold beer on the patio, but I'm enjoying juice in a wine glass, or iced tea instead of a beer! Never thought it would be so easy... Mind you it's only been 5 weeks since I found out I was pregnant...
  • Didn't seem to have any odd cravings this week. Bummer... they sound like fun!
  • We had our first midwife consultation appointment on June 2. We've decided to use midwives from Village Health Community Birthing Program by 152 and Highway 10. Our first impression of the midwives/clinic has been SO positive. Especially compared to the family doctor. They really take the time to make sure you're comfortable, well-informed, and excited instead of nervous. We even got to HEAR THE HEARTBEAT! It was only for a couple seconds right away when she tried the Doppler.  And then our little baby ran away. She said we may not be able to hear it at all as I'm still early, but she tried because I'm pretty thin and we got to! It was such an incredible sound; David and I both teared up. She wrote a requisition for lots of blood-work and a second dating ultrasound, which will be June 8. Can't wait to see our little baby and hear the heartbeat again. Makes it seem so much more real!
  • I was supposed to have my physical/pap with my family doctor on Jun 3, but when I got there they wouldn't touch me. I guess MSP will only cover midwives OR doctors for pregnancy, not both. So when they found out I was using midwives they seemed rather offended and said, "Why would you want to go there?" and then, "Well... see you when the baby is born."  and walked out! They didn't even ask how I was doing! I was pretty upset, but then I called the midwife clinic to book a physical/pap with them and they were SO accommodating, kind and encouraging. This experience reassured me we made the right decision going with the midwives.  
  • The heat at the end of this week was unbearable! I sat in the living room and cried for a while (hormones...) because I was too warm. 
  • Someone told me (in jest) that I'm looking fat. Yup... GETTING THERE! Never thought I'd be so excited to gain weight and get a belly!
  • FREQUENT Urination. We're talking... Feel the urge to pee. Go pee. Stand up. Feel the urge to pee. Go pee. Stand up. Feel the urge to pee. Embarrassed so go back to work and wait an appropriate amount of time. Repeat cycle. 
  • Weight: 123.8 lb according to Dr. Scale

No comments:

Post a Comment