Thursday 20 August 2015

Thankful Thursday - 9

I feel like I just did one of these! I guess because I did! My last Thankful Thursday post was done a few days late and now it's Thursday again. How does this happen?

1. The many faces of Sherlock. I seriously don't know how we lived before we got this dog. He's really taught us patience and how to work as a team towards a common goal. Also he's so cute I could just squish him.

David may be less than impressed that I'm posting this, but Sherlock was creeping Facebook over his shoulder. Too cute!

"Pleaaaaaaaaaase?..."

This picture just so represents Sherlock's personality. Such a goof!

2. Our big move in 9 days! Every day we get more and more excited to move into our new home. I am all of a sudden very aware of the fact that my pay cheque tomorrow is going to be my last pay cheque before mortgage payments start coming out. We coincided our payments to be biweekly with my pay cheques. Every two weeks I'll be paid; and every two weeks 75% of that will be taken away for the mortgage. Yikes.... Things are stressful! That doesn't even include utilities, cable, cell phones, insurance, strata fees, property taxes or general living!
A map showing where our new place is located.

So beautiful! Can't wait to call it home.


3. My parents. Parents in today's day and age do not get enough credit. As I get older I develop more and more respect for them. Mine in particular (because I'm biased). They somehow managed to raise four kids on very little money AND have maintained a model marriage for over 28 years now. Since getting married and moving, my relationship with them has definitely changed. Visiting becomes much more intentional and we talk a lot more. I can honestly tell my parents anything and know that they will respond in a loving, non-judgmental way. I'm sure when I'm a parent I'll have even more respect for them. They did an amazing job raising my brothers and I. Somehow through it all, they managed to create four intelligent, balanced children who would love nothing more than to hang out with the family.

Aren't they adorable? 

Both Mom and Dad walked me down the aisle at my wedding. Wouldn't have had it any other way. 

They still know how to have fun. **DING DONG!** WHO'S THAT AT THE DOOR?!

So much love.

28 years of marriage and going strong!

1 comment:

  1. Aw thanks honey. We are so proud of all of you. It's only by the grace of God you all turned out so well. Sometimes I think its in spite of our parenting. I was just thinking last night how grateful I am that you are all so well balanced and didn't put us through the wringer. And I love how you all enjoy each others company and take great pleasure in hanging out with each other. Warms a mother's heart.

    ReplyDelete