Tuesday 28 July 2015

The Weekend in a Glance

We had a very busy weekend this weekend!
I'll re-cap some of the highlights with photos:)


 Friday
 We took Sherlock to the park while it was raining and let him run around and chase the ball. Any time there is ever a body of water (even if it's just a tiny rain puddle) he lays down in it and tries to cover as much of himself as possible in water. Goof!

David had 5 of his buddies over for a poker night, and I hung out on the sidelines, not playing. At around 10:30pm my brother Jeff showed up and invited me to got Mom and Dad's with him. I protested, as I figured they would be in bed, but then apparently Adam and Aly were there too. I started questioning this visit. I asked Jeff if they had gotten engaged or something (somewhat jokingly as nobody expected it) and he just said "Not that I know of!" That was enough for me. If Jeff didn't know, then it wasn't happening. 

We arrived at Mom and Dad's and after some small talk and visiting, Aly whipped out the gorgeous ring and announced they HAD gotten engaged! I KNEW IT!!! So very happy and excited for them. The're a lovely couple, and it will be so nice to have another sister-in-law! I've been so out-numbered my whole life!

Saturday

Saturday we took Sherlock to Noel Booth Park for a little swim, as I like to try to do special things with him on the weekends. I'm always gone all day during the week, and we're often too tired or short on time to do the fun things. Weekends we can take an hour and a half and go swimming with him!

After his swim and a bath Sherlock likes to roll around on the towels and carpet and furniture trying to dry off. This is at the tail end of that, when he finally started relaxing. 

Saturday evening we went out to my parents house again where they were having an impromptu engagement party for Adam and Aly. Lots of relatives were there, and we just visited, ate and drank to celebrate. 

Sunday


Sunday morning I was set to play bass in church. It was a very special service as Katrina and Brayden's baby, Henry, was being baptized! 


After church, we socialized and then went to lunch at Edith and Arthur's with Elissa and her husband Michael, and this guy, Michael De Jager. Michael and I were inseparable in high-school. The picture above is from a missions trip on our way down to Mexico. We had hiked a mountain in LA and got this lovely shot from the top. Below is our grade 12 grad. We weren't dates, but we did match well!
Since grad, he's moved off to Edmonton and now Windsor where he's going to med school and building a relationship with his partner, Matt. I don't see or talk to him enough, but I always love getting together with him. 





Jeff had asked me to take him shopping sometime on Sunday. After lunch at the pub, I drove down to Vancouver and we went to Winners to get him some shoes and clothes. I found this little picture in his house. Cute... 


After shopping, Adam and Aly met up with us and we walked down to Olympic Village to go to the Tap & Barrel. Very cool place. We shared some snacks and I tried the "Seasonal Wine Flight". I would have tried the beer, but it was 20 oz of beer with varying percentages and I had to drive. Next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment