Thursday 9 July 2015

Thankful Thursday - 3

What am I thankful for this week?

1. Living so close to the beach. Last Thursday evening, David and I took Sherlock down to the beach to explore a little and practice retrieving in the ocean. It's so cool that we can live so close to mountains, forests, oceans, lakes, cities, and farmlands. One of the reasons I don't think we could ever move away from the Lower Mainland. 


 Sherlock is already 10 months old! 

This goofy guy always has to dry off. Tough to get him from the ocean to the car without him being COVERED in sand.

2. An excellent vet who we trust. Sherlock got some bites or something on his underbelly and groin at the cabin. Some of the spots were looking pretty yucky, so we called the vet. They were able to get us in same day! Sherlock was a perfect, relaxed angel at the vet, but our vet is also excellent with the dog. I'm used to our rushed healthcare system, so having someone really take the time to talk to and get to know us was novel.



3. Modern day technology. Today I was able to FaceTime with Janine (and Winston) using our iPhones for a little bit on my lunch break at work. She moved away a few months ago, and I really miss being around her. We used to spend 40+ hours a week together (I swear I spent more time with her than I did my husband), and now we only get to see each other once ever few months. So grateful we can keep in touch using FaceTime especially as it feels much more personal than just texting or emailing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment