Thursday 30 June 2022

Thankful Thursday - 297

This week I am thankful for...

1. We have booked MEXICO! It is our 10th anniversary in November, and we've been dreaming about going back to Mexico since our honeymoon there 10 years ago. We've been saving and working towards this for a long time, and we finally pulled the trigger and booked it! November 6-13, Bahia Principe Luxury Akumal here we come!

You'll find me at the Adults Only pool :)


2. We have scheduled more vacations too! This is a busy travel year for us. After 4 years of zero travel (other than one trip to Osoyoos for Dave and I, and then Whistler last summer), it feels like a lot, but I'm excited. The kids are at "easier" ages, and I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding so the time is now! Here's what we have coming up:
July 8/9-16/17: Cabin in Oroville! It's been 4 years. For my entire life we've gone at least once a year. I miss it. My favourite place. Anticipating this trip has gotten me through the last few weeks/months of craziness at home. 
August 4-8: Revelstoke with Dave's family. We'll be driving there and camping for 4 nights. After that we will head home, and the rest will continue on to Banff or Drum Heller, and then to the dog agility nationals in Edmonton where Allana is competing with both her dogs! 
August 29-30: Camping at Cultus. This was just booked yesterday. L&S will be there all week but I think those are the days that will work for us. We'll try an overnighter. 
September 20-27: Dave is going to Glacier National Park in Montana for a hiking trip. I'm not super excited about this one... Haha. Dom will just be starting Kindergarten, Emilia will be in school 2 days per week, Eva will be napping in the middle of preschool pick up, and I'll have a busy week at work right after our work does an event in Tuscany (no I'm not going to that). 
November 6-13: MEXICO! As mentioned above :)



Last time we were at the cabin. So little!

3. Courage to go out. I am feeling PRETTY brave taking all three kids out on my own or meeting people at parks, etc. I have a "go bucket" that has toys, sun screen, swim suits, towels, etc. so we can spur of the moment pick up and go to the park or waterpark.
Ashleigh: "Hey, you want to meet at the water park in an hour?"
Sure!


I spy a little Phoebe running in the background

Mixing up some "poison"


I'm a walking Costco ad. Got the wagon, blankets, tent, towels, clothes, etc. 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for you.
    Yes, life gets easier as the kids grow… but these young years are certainly ones to treasure while you can!

    ReplyDelete