Saturday 18 June 2022

Thankful Friday - 296

 This week I'm thankful for...

1. Another year of preschool done. I am not thankful that preschool is over. This time last year is when my mental health tanked and I was diagnosed with postpartum depression. All of a sudden there's no routine to the week. Every day is just the same and I'm with all these restless children all day long. It's a lot. We'll figure something out for this year and get out of the house more since I don't have a newborn though! 

In September Dom is going to Kindergarten! Emilia is doing another year of twice-a-week preschool and then next year she'll be in full-time school too! Crazy. 



2. Tot Romp. Unfortunately it was the last one for the season, but I begged them that if we have another heat wave this year that they'll open it up again so people have somewhere air conditioned to go! We were all healthy enough to go this week which is nice too haha. 





3. Wine with Mom & Dad. They came over for dinner this week and then offered for Dave and I to take Sherlock for a walk with just the two of us while they played with the kids. That was the closest thing we've had to a date since mid-April when we went to Annora in Langley. That's sort of sad!

Anyway they put the kids to bed for us and then stayed for some wine. There's a lot going on in the church, school and family right now so it was nice to finally have an in-person debrief. 



She was asleep before we even turned off their light

4. Dave's home office. Every day we are so grateful for our flexible work schedules and Dave's home office. If he's at home editing I can go out with the big kids while Eva is napping. I can put a movie on for D&E and go walk the dog. I can sneak off for a minute when all the kids are awake and just ask Dave to listen. Also, it means he gets to be home with the kids while I work Wednesday mornings and be a cool Dad!



5. Our family. Though there has been a lot of tension lately in parts of our lives, I am so so so grateful for the parents and siblings we have! We got together with my family in a spur of the moment brunch last Sunday and Dave commented afterwards how it's amazing that we have all these people with varying views on things like religion, but we are so respectful of each other and able to have adult conversations in a very healthy way that we can grow from. We've been modeled conflict resolution and respect. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment