Sunday 12 June 2022

Lately (Another week of sickness!)

Every day for the last 4 days "blog" has been on my to do list. It just hasn't happened. It's been one of those weeks (and a bit) around here. Everyone got sick. I mentioned in my Thankful Thursday post a while back that Dom was sick. Emilia was next to be hit, then me, then Dave, then Eva. It's "just" a cough/runny nose/fever kind of cold. Negative for COVID, but it hit everyone a little differently. Dom got hit hard for 3 days and was basically knocked out for that time with fever and tons of coughing and congestion. Emilia had a fever for 5.5 days straight and a nasty cough. Eva has been pretty mild. No fever, just some coughing and crankiness, but she's also getting 3 teeth. It was also relatively mild for Dave and I. Everyone is THANKFULLY on the mend now with just lingering coughs, but geez... You get really locked down when people are sick these days!

So I feel like we didn't do much. Had lots of extra screen time, etc. Here's how we managed to keep busy though: 

Dom had his last SoccerShots class on the 4th. He still had his cold, but he missed his last class of the previous set due to the stomach flu and he really wanted to go. We figured since it was outdoors and he asked if he could wear a mask we would allow it. It worked out great. Compromise. 

Eva wandered up and proudly stood beside Dom during the medal/certificate ceremony

It actually turned out to be a pretty nice day, so we brought out the sprinkler and the tent again and hung out outside for a bit. Dom had a fever again and was just laying on the ground for a lot of it, but it was nice to get some fresh air anyway. 



"I'm just here for the snacks"


How Dom spent most of the time. Happy to lay there and just watch.

Sunday was a down day, but we did get out once for a family walk. 


This reminded me of when Dom was like 18 months old and Emilia was a newborn. When she was napping, I would take him on special little walks pretty much every day to the "yellow wall" to watch all the cars go by. Wow how much life has changed since then!

Monday, Dom was well enough to go to Tot Romp (and offered without prompting to wear a mask). Emilia was fevered at home, Eva was still healthy, and I had a tickle in my throat so I masked up. Thankful that Dave was working from home so I could leave Emilia behind and still get out with the other two. I'm pretty sure last week's tot romp is where we picked up this cold in the first place. Kids are germy!

I was trying to hide from the kids on the stairs but Sherlock kept giving me away


The next few days were just home days for the most part. Emilia was fevered the whole time and we could see Eva starting to come down with it, while both Dave and I were fighting it as well. 


If it's not a human, it's the dog! Needing something from me haha. In this case it was pizza :)


Me trying to take a quiet moment to give Eva a bath. Before I know it Dave somehow gets a quiet moment downstairs to tidy up after dinner and I end up with everyone in the tiny bathroom with me. Huh... Not sure how that works.

Friday we'd sort of had enough. Dave worked all morning, I took Emilia to the doctor since she was on day 6 of her fever, and we were sick of being cooped up. It was sooo hard to find a walk-in clinic that would take us. After the doctor (we got a req for a chest xray if her fever wasn't gone by this Monday. It's Sunday now and it hasn't been back since Friday!). After I got back with Emilia, Eva was just getting up from her nap. Dave finished work early and we looked at eachother and nodded. "Let's pack up and go to the zoo, kids!" The zoo was almost empty. We took a ride on the train and were literally the only people on it. Dom chose to sit in the very back. It was a short visit since we got there at 3 and it closes at 5, but it was really nice. Liesurely. We strolled around, took the train, had a snack, let the kids play on the playground, and then headed home. Everyone was grateful for the fresh air and change of scenery. 


We had a while to wait at the Dr. so we got some McDonalds

Someone is feeling verrry special!

We had some things to get ready before we could go to the zoo, so Dom volunteered to help with Eva's bottle <3







Ahhh walking with toddlers :)


I wanted a family selfie

It was a struggle haha



Feeling proud to be in the caboose!




Yesterday I was gone most of the day at Trinity Western for the Complete Champion Challenge, a fundraiser for in-need scholarships for Spartan student-athletes. The weather held out and everything went smoothly, so that's a win!

Ice cream eating contest to finish off the day

While I was out, Dom got to go on his first playdate away from us! He was nervous, but excited! He had never even met the boys before, so he was very brave. They went to Williams Park and he caught a fish in a net!


I took the kids to the park after dinner and then relaxed with some wine and Netflix in the evening. Much needed wine after that week of sickness and work business :)

This morning we went to Mom & Dad's for brunch. As often happens with this family, it organically became a whole family brunch and Scott, Ash, Phoebe, Jeff, Adam and Myles joined us! We had delicious crepes, the kids played well, and the adults had some catching up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment