Thursday 26 May 2022

Thankful Thursday - 294 (Spring/Cactus Club/Empath/Food with Family/Hamilton)

Okay so really this post is just a life update of my last week because apparently I just don't have time to blog throughout the week anymore. However, I do have a lot to be thankful for so it can still be Thankful Thursday!

Last Friday morning I took the big kids to Costco while Eva napped and I FINALLY got the Costco pop-up beach tent thing. I've wanted one since Dom was a baby, but always procrastinated and missed it. They happened to be on sale last week so I snatched one up for like $50. After Eva's nap I took the kids for a playdate with Marta and Owen. It was perfection. The sun was shining, the kids were playing in the tent and on the grass... Marta and I had lunch together while sittervising the kids. 





This resembles a sport! Dom is hooked

That evening Dave was out playing basketball. I got the kids ready for bed and let them watch an episode of Lego Star Wars. Best Mom Ever according to them. Then I spent the evening watching a show and relaxing all by my lonesome. 


A super strange storm cloud rolled through but it sure made for a beautiful sunset.

I have a thing about these big helium balloons where I like to keep them until they die completely. This one was at half-mast on Friday night. It hovered up the stairs and into our room where Sherlock stared at it very intently haha.

Saturday was another beautiful day. FINALLY! SPRING TIME! I sat in the sun in the morning, Eva played at the water table, and then we even brought out the sprinkler in the afternoon. I sat in our new tent and watched the kids get soaked. 



Hard to see the sprinkler here. Dom is trying to use one of the little hoses to spray Sherlock. Sherlock was ALL in.

In the evening I met Janine at Cactus Club where we caught up and chatted for hours. We both took an Uber home, so we could just relax and eat/drink what we wanted and chat for as long as we wanted. As we were getting ready to go (like 11:45pm) a random woman came up to me and said, "Sorry. I don't normally do this, but I just really needed to talk to you." I'm like... mmm... okay. Not my favourite thing in the world. Here's how the conversation went:

Lady: I'm an intuitive. How old are you?
Me: Well how old do you think I am?
Lady: That's not how it works. How old are you?
Me: 30.
Lady: How do you feel about having children?
Me: I already have 3 so I think I'm good thanks. 
Lady (softly): Oh... *touches my shoulder*... you have 4. 
Me: 
Lady: You won't test positive tonight, but next week you will. You're having a baby! I've been watching you all night and your whole aura was just glowing. You have this suuuper thick *gestures with hands* blue-green aura. You're just exhuding motherly vibes and I just had to come and tell you. Again, I don't normally do this, but I am so sure I couldn't just let it be.
Janine: She's just a really good person.
Me: Are you sure it's not 'you have a 13 month old at home and are in the thick of it' vibes?
Lady: Oh no haha! I don't have a 13 month old! I'm 62!
Me: Well not you... me... anyway. 
Lady: Well... congratulations. You're having a baby. This is so exciting. You should be so excited. *Leaves*

Pardon my french, but What. the actual. fuck. 

I cannot even begin to explain how inappropriate this was. For me, personally, I've always wanted 4 kids, but just came to peace with the fact that I am going to stop at 3 like 2 months ago. I am finally feeling confident and at peace and then this lady comes in and messes with my head. No, I do not believe there is any merit to the things she said. I'm not remotely educated in intuitive/empath/energy-reading, etc. However, it messed with my head the whole next day. I cannot wrap my head around why she would do that. She did not present as intoxicated either. Just inappropriate. 

Secondly, what if it was someone else. What if I was someone who had just had a miscarriage. What if I was someone who was struggling with infertility. What if I was someone who had been recently sexually assaulted. So. Inappropriate. Keep your weird intuitive visions to yourself. Especially when it is so potentially (likely) triggering for people. 

Anyway... I'm not trying to say intuitives/empaths don't exist or that there's no merit, but this is my first experience with someone making these claims and it was not a good one. I'll keep myself closed off thank you. 

Janine and I failed to take a single picture at Cactus... We suck at that. 

Sunday. Gorgeous again! In the afternoon we had Rachel, Kyle and Rebecca over for dinner and a movie. They put Rebecca down in our room and then the 4 of us adults watched Hamilton in the theatre. I'm hooked. SO GOOD! I've been listening to the sound track nonstop. Dave is also totally hooked. Hip Hop musical? Absolutely. 




Holiday Monday! I'd been feeling kind of burnt out from all the social things in the last week, so Dave took all 3 kids to Jeff & Marta's at around noon. I spent the next two hours walking the dog, folding laundry, and listening to the Hamilton soundtrack through my headphones the entire time. We need to make this happen more often! Where I'm at home all alone. It's a more organic way for me to recharge than going upstairs and locking myself in my room haha. 

At around 2pm Marta picked me up and brought me over to their house to meet up with everyone. Dave went out for a bit, Jeff & Adam went for a bike ride, the big kids watched some Thomas, and all 3 babies were napping. I got to sit outside with Marta and a beer and reeeeeelax.
Mom & Dad came by later on and we had gourmet burgers for dinner. We had a little fuzzy visitor while we were playing in the yard and prepping dinner. It turns out this racoon had been living in their neighbour's roof, but his home had just been closed off to day so he was very displaced. Why are racoons so cute? 



I spy a little bandit!



Tuesday Dom & Emilia were in preschool and it was a bit of a recovery day for me. I did spin on my own in the morning and it was just okay. My body was feeling more tired than usual so I couldn't/didn't push myself as hard. Hopefully Friday will be better!

Wednesday I was at work in the morning, then had a meeting in the afternoon. Dave had a shoot in there somewhere, and right after my meeting we all packed up and went to Mom & Dad's for dinner. It's very relaxing going there because Dom just plays Playmobil hockey the whole time, Emilia kind of wanders around playing, reading books, cuddling, etc. Eva is much more comfortable and confident there since Mom has watched her while I work a few times. Eva actually ate meat which is a very rare occurrence so that was exciting!

We came home, got the kids to bed, and then went to watch the Survivor Finale with Kirsten. Was a fun watch!

Pulled out a photo album at Mom & Dad's and did a double take because of how much I look like Eva here!


Did another double take realizing how much Dom looks like his Uncle Jeff!

So Dom. Just different ears and hair. Same posture, smile, etc. 



Oh ya! On Sunday we also bathed the dog and I groomed him. I also washed the entire couch with the carpet cleaner. Our house smells so fresh! Sherlock also looks so handsome and is EXTRA soft :)

No comments:

Post a Comment