Thursday 19 May 2022

Thankful Thursday - 293

 I have to be careful and pay attention to my mental health these days! Heading straight toward a burnout!

This week I am thankful for...

1. Bobo Moma's 91! Last weekend we got to celebrate with Oma, some of my Uncles and Aunts and cousins and nephews and niece! Oma smiled lots and seemed to understand some of what was going on. When I said, "Wow! It's your 91st birthday!" she commented something about not knowing what time the party was supposed to be at and feeling annoyed about that. I reminded her it was right now :)

Wheels asked if I could curl her hair and do her makeup. Sure hon... *tears*


I hope she always feels as beautiful and confident as she did this day



Dom spent 90% of the time outside playing golf like Happy Gilmore.


Ash and I thought to bring some toys for the kids. We live and learn! Haha


Eva and Phoebe with their matching hairstyles <3






We lost Dom for a bit and found him making Elim friends hahaha. Anything that resembles a sport and he's in! Always making friends.

Eva composing some spooky tunes on the organ

The picture gradually gets less chaotic as you go from left to right haha


2. Eva's developing language. I love the 0-12 month stage because (for me... because my baby slept) I find it relatively easy. I get breaks. Baby is sleeping so much of the time. I have been feeling a bit worn down at the lack of breaks and extra attention required with Eva's stage, but now she's starting to talk and it's adoooorable. She's earlier than the other two kids were, probably because she hears them talk alllll dayyyyy longggggg. Every day it's a new word or two, or a new animal sound, or some fun new skill. This is what the whole 1-2 year is! Kind of excited that I get to be home for much of it to watch her grow. 






Could it be?! Is there some Mommy resemblance? 

I was 2 in this picture, but I feel like I can see some Eva in there! Also (sorry Dave), Dom is SO Jeff!

3. Dinner with Oma. Between our crazy life and Oma's crazy work life right now we haven't seen them much! However we went there for dinner last Friday and it was one of the rare beautiful days. I went early and sat on the patio in the sun with a glass of Rose while Eva had her second nap. Glorious. 




Accidental matching

Dom went home in Dave's car and Emilia got such a kick out of Sherlock taking liberties and sitting in Dom's booster on the way home

4. Margarita night. Ash and I were planning to have a girls night, but then Scott, Dave and Wes crashed it. We played some poker and rockband, and had margaritas! Ahh... this is what being a grown up is all about haha. Pretending you're not a grown up!

5. Core memories. I realized the other day that I have some core memories from when I was 4 or 5, and that Dom & Emilia could absolutely be making those right now. So strange to think that 25 years from now they could be talking about this moment, on this day. I don't know for sure what a core memory will be, but there are a few guesses I have. One is our Whistler trip last summer. We went for 4 nights with just Dave, Eva and I while the kids stayed at my parents, and then they joined us for 2 nights. They talk about this many many times per week. Both parts of that trip. 

I hope his super rainy day soccer becomes a core memory. Maybe not this day in particular, but he better remember this! Haha

I can absolutely see him and Emilia talking in 20+ years about how they used to play hockey in the living room with oven mitts. My brothers and I still talk about handball hockey and Beanie Baby Wars and all those weird games we played as kids.

"Remember when we used to take the cushions off the couch and act out the battles during the Mulan audiobook?"

"Remember when we got to watch movies in Dad's theatre?"

6. Playdate with O. We met up with Marta and Owen at the library this week and then went to the park for a bit and walked to Clayton Park so Dom could show Aunty Marta where he plays soccer.

Emilia felt like she couldn't continue so Dom held her hand to help her along <3

Stay awake little man!

7. Another school field trip! I took them to the Honeybee Centre with preschool this week and I actually learned a lot. They had fun and felt very special telling their friends that we live so close we could have walked! 


Dom... the guy that is very confident and answers every question with said confidence. Confident... not right. Haha


They got to plant some seeds in a little pot

D was a very helpful big brother. It's interesting to watch how he nurtures and cares for Emilia in the class setting.


Dom sat down at the Lego and attracted a crowd.


And I leave off with this sentiment. 
Life is like an avocado. You never know what you're gonna get.

No comments:

Post a Comment