Thursday 3 March 2022

Thankful Thursday - 288

There is so much going on in the world right now. It's heavy, and stressful and sad. I don't want to push it aside, and I also don't want to dwell on it on this platform. I have been strategic with my media/news intake, and am trying to remember to take care of myself while staying informed. 

Lent started yesterday, and I have again decided to give up social media. Today was the most productive day I've had in a long time. I am excited for the next 7 weeks of productivity, etc. This week I am thankful for...

1. A family reunion in Agassiz. I don't even know the last time the whole family was together, but we FINALLY got together in Agassiz with everyone. It should have happened at Christmas, but we were sick and couldn't make it. It was a long day, and the kids had so much fun. Eva slept great, the food was delicious, and the drives were relatively noneventful!

The Four Kimber Cousins!

I'm so glad they have each other. I loved growing up with so many cousins so close!


Kerplunk with Gramma





I did my hair and wore cute clothes, but realized I wouldn't be in any of the pictures so I took a selfie even though I hate selfies

Grandpa reading a story with the big kids <3

2. Thrifting. I've been meaning to buy some things for the kids that they actually need, and bought a few things for myself too. I got two pairs of jeans (both with holes in them which is way outside my comfort zone), three sweaters, a tank top, a long sleeve, and a cute springy shirt. Some things that fit! Not going to be a size 2 again any time soon, so might as well feel comfortable and cute in my clothes again. I made a goal to not buy anything black or grey for myself too :)

Also got Dom a fleece, Emilia a fleece, a super cute shirt and a Belle sweater. Got Eva three pairs of jeans and a girly little spring outfit.


I tried on so many jeans. Oh my gosh.

3. Dom's writing. All of a sudden he decided to start practicing his letters and doing activities and drawing and colouring properly. He literally walked upstairs and handed this to me and said, "I wrote this for you because I liked your nice writing on the other side." Melt my heart! Then he practiced some more, and has been hooked since. I've been looking forward to this!


So ready for Kindergarten


4. Art For Kids Hub. I've heard lots about this YouTube channel and how it's so fun for kids to learn to draw new things with great step by step instructions. However, my kids usually don't like to do this sort of stuff. With Dom's new found love of penmanship, I decided to give it a try and now he's hooked. He's learning to be gracious with himself and appreciate the fact that he's trying even though it's not perfect. I think it's cute though haha. 





Love his turtle :)

5. Eva's development BURST. All of a sudden Eva is walking. Literally just got up and walked when Gramma and Grandpa were over. Then the next day she learned a new word. She now not only says, "Uh oh" when she drops something, she also waves and says, "Hiiii" when greeting you. She tried to say "all done" at dinner and "hi daddy", but obviously can't quite put those sounds together yet. I feel like she's going to be an early talker. 

"I'm all ears" - modelling her new outfit from Wren :)

6. A visit with Owen! Marta and Owen came over for a short visit today before I got the kids from preschool. I don't think I've ever seen Eva and Owen hang out with just the two of them. Eva all of a sudden looked really big and toddler-ish, and she was very intrigued by Owen. She kept poking his eyes and trying to play with him. Very cute. 

Had to wake this girl up and Owen also had to be woken up from his nap to come play haha. 

Marta sent me this as she was trying to get him up and at em <3

Good morning sunshine!





7. The carpet cleaner. It's been a LONG time since I've cleaned the carpets, and it was time. Boy is it ever nasty and satisfying!


Oh hello bedroom dirt...

8. New printer. At work we finally got a new printer and I am in love!

Here are some other pics and little moments from the last week...






Sweaty Dom high-fiving Coach Patrick after soccer this evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment