Thursday 31 March 2022

Thankful Thursday - 289

 Another busy week around here, but our evenings have been more free which gives me the chance to recharge. 

This week I am thankful for...

1. Spring Break is over! Having the kids out that 8 hours a week makes such a huge difference for me. We had fun with them home, but I'm glad they're back to the usual routine now!


I couldn't find my oven mitts the other day... Now I know why. At least he's resourceful while playing goalie in his living room hockey game haha

Eva looking like a 19 year old after a night out at the bar

2. Another birthday party! Phoebe turned 1 last week and we had her first birthday party on Sunday at the Yzermans. I crocheted her these sensory bowls with little balls. I found the pattern online and thought they'd be cute. I love them. Making Eva a set now too!

I'll have to get a better picture of what they actually are after I finish Eva's



Phoebe enjoyed the limelight. Danielle made a video of Phoebe's first year and now I want to do that for Eva too!

Surprise sunshine that day! D&E played on the Yzerman's playground. First time down the slide Emilia flew off onto her back and I caught it on video. #worthit


What?! A nice family photo?!!






Emilia asked me to put some makeup on her before the party. Well so did Dom, but I put a bit more on Emilia haha. Just some blush, a little bit of light eye shadow with darker along the lashline and some lip gloss. Boy did she feel fancy! She's been asking me to do it again every day since haha.


3. Impromptu trip to the library. Ash asked if we wanted to meet up at the library on Monday so we did that with the kids, and then went to the playground afterwards where everyone got nice and filthy.







4. Brunch with the girls. While at the park, we planned a playdate with Marta and Owen for Tuesday. Since the weather was nice, we ordered in some Cactus Club poke and Marta made up a salad and wontons. I picked up some champagne and we had a lovely brunch with mimosas on their back deck. Dom and Em were in preschool, and it was quite relaxing for me with just Eva to watch out for. Her and Phoebe mostly chased each other around sharing (fighting over) snacks.


Eva trying to crawl onto Owen and Phoebe backing up into Eva's lap

5. Dinner with the sibs. Adam and Myles came for beef dip dinner after Phoebe's party on Sunday, and then Jeff and Marta and Owen came for dinner on Tuesday! I made chicken vindaloo and it was divine.

Deeeeefinitely would have paid for this in a restaurant. So good!


6. Spring weather. The sunnier days are getting up to around 14 degrees these days, and I'm reminded again and again why this is my favourite season. Yesterday Dave took the kids outside to play while I had a zoom meeting and then I started prepping dinner, tidying the kitchen, watching Eva play, and having a sip of wine. Thiiiiiiiis is what spring is all about! 





No comments:

Post a Comment