Thursday 17 February 2022

Thankful Thursday - 286

 This week I am thankful for...

1. My Valentines. We never celebrate Valentine's Day, but I kind of got into it this year for the kids especially. They helped me make their valentines for school, and then I gathered some reasons people love them and put them on a poster for them to hang in their rooms. I presented them at dinner time and the smiles on their faces. Oh. My. Goodness. They were so loved and proud. Then Emilia asked if we could go around the table and say one thing we loved about everyone. I don't remember all the things, but I do remember Dom said he loves me because I do all the cooking, and Emilia loves me because I'm so kind. <3 <3



When I said, "We love your silly faces"

They were just so tickled



Dave has been very busy, but we did spent some time together in the evening. Side by side port tasting!

Some Empress G&T to cap the evening off!

How Sherlock spent Valentine's Day

2. This old picture. Every so often this picture pops up from (I'm guessing) 2011. It's Opa & Oma's old dog Beau when I was house-sitting for them. I was house-sitting, Beau was lap-sitting. 

3. Postpartum Support Group. This week will be my last week with the support group I'm a part of through the Pacific Postpartum Support Society. I have elected to give up my space to another new mom who may need it more than me at this point. I've been in a very good space for the last 6 weeks, and feel I have the tools I need to go forward. I'm out of the fog. Hallelujah!
I'm going to miss the ladies, and I'm so grateful for the support they offered. 

3(a). Some closure. Speaking of postpartum, I received some closure regarding my trauma from my secondary postpartum hemorrhaging after I had Eva. I'd been MUCH better the last few months, but every so often I was still triggered and it would send me right back. I decided to request my hospital records from my delivery and the second stay at the hospital. It didn't have any real new information for me other than details and findings of the surgery. It brought some things back to the surface and was emotional for me to read, but now that I have it, I feel a sense of peace. 

I think the last 10 months my brain has been reliving the whole thing (labour, delivery, hemorrhaging, the whole hospital experience), recalling every quote, every medication, every feeling, every little thing to try to make sense of it or fill in some gaps. I'm an information person. I like to know everything. The hospital records of what happened are all the information I'm ever going to get, and now my brain can relax. It's all there. The meds, the timing, the blood loss, the bloodwork, the surgery, the findings, everything. Everything clinical anyway. I don't know how to explain it. Sort of like how I journal to get things off my brain, it's like these papers take these things out of my brain. I don't have to relive them because they're already there. In my hand. 

That was wordy and disorganized...

Doing things on my own with all 3 kids still makes me anxious, but I am getting there! This was just a grocery pickup today. Nothing crazy haha.


4. An impromptu visit. Aunty Sonya dropped by yesterday after her visit with Oma. She came with sushi for us, and bath bombs for the kids! She gets them from Love it Local and they are amazing! Also nothing like a fun bath bomb to kill the hour before bedtime! The kids love her. They still like to call her "Aunty Lasagna" haha. <3

The only picture we have is our empty sushi container, so here's a couple pictures of Dom putting tattoos on his face haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment