Monday 7 February 2022

Making up for Lost Time

I feel like we're finally making up for all that lost social time over the last two years. There has been so much time outside, so much time with family, and so much time with friends. As an introvert I'm exhausted, but I also just keep making more plans because it feels so good to be "normal". I mean my social group is probably smaller than most, but I like it that way :)

On Saturday Phoebe and Aunty Ashleigh came over for a playdate. Dom was watching the All-Star game downstairs with Dave, so Emilia thoroughly enjoyed not having to share Aunty Ashleigh with him haha. 



They headed home, and we had an early dinner so we could go on a family walk. It's finally light enough in the evening to get out with everyone! We walked up to the updated park in our neighbourhood and were the only ones there for a while. That's saying something since there were over 40 people there the rest of the weekend!



Scott and Ash got a sitter and came back over after bedtime for some games. We played (and won) Harry Potter! I don't think we've actually played this since having babies... maybe once? So good!

Sunday I played bass in church. It was a great set with lots of oldies. I love a good oldie! 

After church we had brunch at Jeff & Marta's. They just renovated the kitchen/family room and had the whole interior painted and it looks SO GOOD! It looks like a magazine. They love to see peoples' genuine reactions when they see it for the first time, so no reveal pictures here, but if I were to design a kitchen, it's totally the style I'd go for. 
We had pastries, bread, coffee, wine, and fruit salad for brunch. All the grandbabies were there (though Owen was asleep for most of it haha), and everyone played and had fun. After O woke up, we decided to get out in the sun for a bit and went to the park with those who were remaining. Dom kicked a ball around, the boys played some Bball, the girls rode in the wagon, and the Gerbers got competitive and raced to see who could get on top of the monkey bars first. I won. 





Oh hi friend!


He's never sitting still long enough to get a clear shot haha






Handy to have the wagon in the van! Phoebe sat nicely cuddling her bunny and sucking her thumb. Eva kept trying to stand up while it rolled



I was briefly very stuck halfway up

Victory!

Scott never fully made it up after this haha


My calves were a little sore from hooking on the bars, but overall I'm impressed with this 30 year old, 3 baby body's strength!


We got home, and Eva and I napped while Dom & Emilia had a long, much needed quiet time., and Dave took Sherlock for a nice long walk. 
In the afternoon I was trying to figure out dinner, and we found out Jesse & Kirsten were also stumped for dinner. We decided to band together and make burgers, fries and salad for dinner. Perfect! Between us we had all the ingredients, and thank goodness they had propane for when we ran out haha. After bedtime they came back and we watched Star Wars Episode I together. 

We'll just file this one away for the wedding slideshow. She loves Dom. A lot haha!

TODAY was another busy day! Dom has been asking for a long time when he can go play at Henry and Sam's again, so I reached out to Katrina and the opportunity arose as it is Sam's birthday today! (Happy Birthday Sam)! Eva naps 930-1130, and that was also the time of the get together, so she stayed home with Dave and I took Dom and Emilia - just like the gold ole days pre-COVID. Dom got nervous before we got there, and stuck close for a little bit, but eventually discovered they have MANY of the Cars characters, as well as Playmobil hockey, so we lost him in a room playing by himself for a while. Emilia stuck with me which was fine. She's quiet and snuggly. 

Eventually Dom got up the courage to ask Henry to play hockey or soccer with him in the play room. It escalated to the boys going out to the car port area and playing a full 2 on 2 (including goalies) hockey game. I peeked out and saw Dom thriving out there. Sports is definitely the way into his heart. It's the best way to get him to open up and come out of his shell. He had so much fun making new friends with Max & Otto, and reconnecting with Henry and Sam. 

Baby Blake! <3 I have a picture with her brother Emmett in this same spot from March 2020 when he was 3 months old. 







We were given some goalie gear last year, and it came with two helmets, so we gave one to Henry & Sam. Dom was so proud to see them using the goalie helmet he passed on to them. 

This afternoon I did my yoga, and then I was going to take Sherlock for a walk because it was so beautiful out. Of course Emilia had to join me. She rode her bike about half way, and then wanted to walk. She walked Sherlock for a bit so I could switch hands with her bike and helmet. She's such a good sport. I told her before hand that I didn't know if it would be a good day for her to come because I was going to do a longer walk. She responded with, "But... I'll do my very best!" I mean how do I say no to that?! Then she says hilarious things the whole walk and announces that God lives under the blue bridge in the neighbourhood. I guess that's better than a troll like the Billy Goats Gruff. 


"Wait, I just need to put this leaf down this little hole." Our walk took twice as long as it would normally take me haha.

But they're so cute <3


Overall just a really good bucket-filling weekend. We have more things planned for the next couple days and I'm excited. Feeling good!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a joyful weekend of friends and family. The simple things in life for sure.

    ReplyDelete