Saturday 5 February 2022

Thankful Saturday - 285

We had a couple days this week where the weather was absolutely gorgeous. I can't WAIT for Spring. It's my favourite season. The days get longer, the weather gets warmer, the air smells beautiful, the trees start blooming, the birds sing, we spend much more time outside, and there are many birthdays to celebrate!

Aside from (or along with) that, this week I am thankful for...

This little face! <3

1. Said sunshine. One of my favourite things about spring is having the door open all day, with a blanket out on the deck which extends our play space and allows everyone to get some extra fresh air. I found a patch of sun out there on Tuesday and grabbed my tea and sat in a chair. I had set up a blanket just in case, and within one minute Eva had crawled out there to join me. Something about being outside... she just sat and played on the blanket with whatever random toys I chucked at her for a long time.

She's getting so big.

Another time chasing the sun around to our other balcony. Standing awkwardly in the corner just to get that sun on my face.

2. Accidental Hello Fresh. AGAIN! I forgot to cancel my delivery this week apparently, and lo and behold, the Hello Fresh showed up at our door Monday evening. (Actually our neighbour's door... maybe I should complain about that). We had Gramma and Grandpa over last night for dinner and I made two of the meals from the kit. They exceeded my expectations. I also had everything for both of them on hand, so I could easily double the recipes to make it enough food for all of us. 

3. These sisters. I didn't have sisters growing up. I had some close female cousins, but I didn't get the actual sister experience. It will be so interesting watching these two grow up together!

Emilia is just tolerating her in this moment, but she's come a long way! She used to screech and push Eva away when she'd pull on her like this. So sweet.

4. Soccer went well! Dom had his second day of Soccer Shots on Thursday, and he participated! Dave helped out and held his hand for most of it, but Dom had fun, he did the drills and he got more confident. So awesome. He now says he wants to play hockey... Let's try ice skating first okay? 
While he was out I hung out with the girls, Emilia finally got to play how and what she wanted, so we played dollhouse :) 


5. Dinner and games. We had Jesse, Kirsten and Wren over last night for dinner, and then J&K came back for games after the kids went to bed. The boys finally beat us at Crib Wars, we polished off a batch of margaritas, and then we played some cards. Whist (Wist? Am I even on the right track?) followed by Hearts. We had one of our question decks out, so during shuffles we'd answer one of the random questions too. 

Everyone ate so. much. food.

These girls were bonkers. Also, this is what it would be like if I had had twins. Can't even imagine.

Dom is Wren's favourite friend. 

6. My mental health is better than it has been in a year. This feels good. I feel good. I have my moments/days, but overall I am in a really good space. Taking proper care of myself, using my brain, not consuming so much news, staying off social media more, doing my yoga daily, and have a good routine of work, preschool, etc. I have more patience and more motivation in general. As mentioned above, this will only get better as the days get brighter, warmer and longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment