Monday 14 February 2022

Lately

 Ah I missed Thankful Thursday last week! That is normally my accountability for posting weekly. Alas. Life! The last week has mostly just been business as usual. Not a ton to report, but here goes!

Last Tuesday Ashleigh was the greatest human ever, and came over and cleaned my house. She did all three bathrooms, all the floors, kitchen, and went above and beyond by setting up these little plants and organizers. I was so inspired by it all that I went on and cleaned some more things during the week and managed to keep it mostly tidy at least! Easier said than done with three kids and a dog! 
I highly recommend hiring Ash to do some cleaning for you! So worth it!!

I generally try to keep the house relatively tidy, but it is NEVER this clean.




While she was over, the kids were at preschool and Eva and I hung out at my parents' place. Eva had good naps, I worked, and did a 1000 piece puzzle. We stayed for dinner after I picked the kids up from preschool, and got to come home to this spotless, fresh smelling house. 

While we were at Mom & Dad's, Dave got a text from Brent asking if he'd like to join him at the Canucks game Wednesday night. Second row seats. Obviously we cancelled all other plans and he went. Probably the highlight of his year. He and Brent were right next to the penalty box, and had some cool interactions with Luke Schenn apparently. Unfortunately the Canucks kind of blew it in the first period, but they managed to make a game out of it and we only lost 6-3 haha. 






I spy Dave & Brent on the TV!

Wednesday Sherlock seemed to have tweaked something and was in quite a lot of pain. By bedtime he could hardly walk. He couldn't get up on the couch at all, he screamed when he tried to get on the bed at bedtime, and was totally pathetic trying to get down the stairs to go pee. A couple months ago a similar happened and after a few days of anti inflammatory and pain meds he was totally back to normal, so we took him in to the vet on Thursday. He was definitely in a lot of discomfort, but again after some meds he is doing a lot better. Poor guy. He's not a puppy anymore!

Poor sad guy :(

Unrelated, but I found this Waldo book for $6.49 at Costco. Well worth the money on that one!

Thursday the kids had preschool, I managed Sherlock's discomfort before taking him to the vet in the evening, and Dom had soccer! It was his third time and every time he makes leaps and bounds with his comfort and confidence. This week he did it all on his own without Dave's physical help. He even asked if he could be the goalie in the game at the end. So proud :)


A full head taller than the rest of the kids haha


Not sure what this was, but it's cute. Probably playing preschool or something. Dom keeps telling me he doesn't want to go to preschool anymore and I think he's bored. Hopefully he can hold out til Kindergarten, and hopefully KG is better for him with regards to brain stimulation. He's a really bright kid, so I could see him getting bored easily with the curriculum. He's ready for a lot more. We'll see!

On Friday Aunty Ashleigh and Phoebe came over for a playdate, and then Ashleigh came back in the evening for a long overdue girls night. We painted nails, did scratch & wins, ate snacks and watched Love is Blind Season 2!





Eva is REALLY filling out lately. She's as big as Dom was at this age.

The girls are chasing Dom haha

Saturday evening we had our Small Group Social planned for at Barley Merchant. When we got there it was a long wait, and then Steph & Brent couldn't make it at the last minute unfortunately (kids I tell ya!). Alycia, Dave and I had a lovely little date at Smugglers Trail though! I've been wanting to go there for a long time. Good beer, good food, and excellent company. 

The day I decide to get rid of this water table Dom rediscovers it and wants to play cars in it of course. Of course...



Definitely meant to take a selfie of the 3 of us too! I had actually gotten dressed and did my hair! A very rare occurence, but I felt cute :)

Sunday we planned to visit Bobo Moma after lunch with the family. Mom & Dad brought some pizza, and Opa & Oma G came by for a bit too! It was suuuuch a beautiful day. It's been gorgeous most of the last week. So good for the soul.

"Mommy, I look beautiful even though I'm not wearing a dress!"









Afterwards, we went back to Mom & Dad's, and some people put babies down there, but Dave brought Eva home for her nap. We hung out, watched golf, played games, did puzzles, and vegged. Dave and Eva came back for dinner and we had chicken thighs in rib sauce (SO yummy) with spinach salad, potato salad and focaccia bread for dinner. So simple and so delicious. 

Emilia <3 such a sweet girl

It was Superbowl Sunday and I watched approximately zero minutes of the game. I did, however watch the half-time show twice. Once at Mom & Dad's, and then Dave and I rewatched it in the theatre when we got home. Amazing and so nostalgic! Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar and Eminem. Best half-time show I've seen for sure. 

At least 100x better in the theatre

This week Dave's work is picking up as we've been hoping/expecting, so it will likely just be lots of time at home for the kids and I other than work and preschool. Today is Valentine's Day and Dave and I never really have super special plans, but we'll have a date night tonight, and I'll make sure to get the kids' Valentines finished for school tomorrow (with as much help from them as their attention spans can handle haha). 

I've totally slacked (or prioritized other things) with teaching them to write letters. So when they show up and can write their names I'm very pleasantly surprised!

Not bad for a 3 year old! (At school she's Emilia K. because there's another Emilia in her class). My favourite part is the upside down L <3

No comments:

Post a Comment