Friday 28 May 2021

Thankful Thursday - 262

Blogger was being weird yesterday and not posting photos, so... this post is late! 

This week I am thankful for...

1. Being brave. Big deal over here! I took all three kids out to the park to meet up with some Chickalettas yesterday. I was anxious about it and almost bailed a bunch of times in the morning, but finally decided if I'm ever going to bring all three out by myself, I might as well do it here where I know there will be help. To my surprise, Dom and Emilia went off and played the whole time and hardly bugged me, and Eva slept! Hallelujah! I felt like me again for a brief while there! 

*I also was brave and went to the library today (just with big kids), and took Eva to get her passport photos done. Any outing right now feels brave to me haha*


Life of a third child haha

Emilia trying to push Dom & Isla on the big spinny thing


Baby whisperer to the rescue! Also, look at Eva's little hands all clasped together like that <3

2. Capturing regular moments. I'm trying to randomly film things throughout the day. Most of the videos are just Eva doing newborn things, but I try to catch Emilia telling a story or doing something silly because I want to be able to look back and remember how she talked. Same with Dom, or the way he played, or the way the kids all interacted together. I don't really use instagram, so I don't have stories about my daily life saved or anything. I don't publish these videos anywhere, they're just for me :) I'll look back some day and realize how crazy we were with these three little kids!

Blogger doesn't like to play the videos I try to post, so here are some random photos of the kids puddle jumping yesterday! 




Dropping buttercups in the "river" and racing them to the storm drain


And a random photo of me and Eva. I very very rarely get to hold this sleeping baby!

3. A light at the end of the COVID tunnel. BC released its reopening plan the other day, and if everything goes according to "plan", things are supposed to go back to normal (like normal normal, not "normal") by September. I'm grateful for this for many reasons, but it also brings out quite a bit of anxiety! I'm not ready for normal normal. It's going to be hard to adjust to not wearing masks or being around masked people in public, or doing handshakes and hugs again, or being in close quarters with people. I mean really, COVID restrictions have been an introverts dream in many ways. I'm really excited about the next few months where we can go back to regular interactions with friends and family, but masks are still mandatory/recommended in public spaces. Can it just stay that way forever? Especially going into cold/flu season this fall, and having a baby, and having two kids in preschool, etc. etc. It just makes so much sense for people to continue these good habits! 

Anyway, it's super exciting and I got emotional about it, but I also have mixed feelings about it all apparently. Processing as I write. 


No comments:

Post a Comment