Thursday 7 January 2021

Thankful Thursday - 247

 It's interesting, I always feel like I'm scraping around for things to write on these Thankful Thursday posts, and I feel repetitive and boring much of the time. Yet, they are consistently my most well-read posts! Super interesting.

This week I am thankful for...

1. Emilia started preschool!!! Emilia had her first day of preschool on Tuesday. I was not intending on sending her to preschool so early (She's just over 2.5 years old), but she really really wanted to, and even potty-trained herself pretty much because we said she had to be potty-trained to go to preschool. I have honestly never seen her so excited. In the past every time we would drop Dom off she would absolutely light up and talk about the day she can stay at preschool with Dom. Well the day finally came and she did not disappoint. She went to bed talking about it, she woke up talking about it, she marched up to preschool and didn't waiver in her excitement one bit during drop off. She was more excited to be there than Dom. She's the youngest in the class I think, but at least she's used to playing with her older sibling, so that's not really a concern - she's also a good communicator for her age (I think). 

Report from the teachers is that she did really well for her first day. She followed Dom around the whole time, but was super into it. It was so so sweet when I went to pick them up, seeing her glowing face peering at me through the door. She's so full of life. Dom was so proud to have his sister at preschool with him too. He spent a lot of time the last few weeks prepping her: Talking about his friends, playing show-and-tell, practicing circle time, telling her about the teachers, going through the routine, etc. 

Right now we just have her enrolled one day a week - Tuesdays from 9-1. She could easily do Thursdays with Dom too, no problem, but I wanted to give him his own space at preschool, and like that she can have some space at home. The Clayton Preschool program is being cut in the fall, so we could hypothetically register for full-time care there 2/3/5 days per week. We've decided, however, to register at Fleetwood. They still have the 9-1 program. So the plan is HOPEFULLY to send both of them Tuesdays and Thursdays, and then Dom also on Fridays (fingers crossed there's space!). I'm hoping though that we can overlap 2 of those days, so that I'm not out there 5 days per week at 9am and 1pm while juggling baby and nap times. (Honestly, I can't believe I'm having another baby... this is crazy). 




I can't even with this photo. On Tuesday the class sang Happy Birthday to Dom and apparently this was his face the entire song. Hahaha it is so Dom! I would expect nothing less <3

2. A couple dry days. We've had a lot (A LOT) of rain and soggy weather lately. Last weekend we randomly had a nice(r) dry(er) day so we got outside to play some hockey with Dom's hockey net! By we, I mean they. I sat with a blanket and ate snacks haha. A neighbour boy who just moved in came down to play. He's 6, but is very outgoing and wanted to play goalie. It took Dom a while, but eventually he engaged and took a few shots on him! I foresee a lot more of this young man this summer. 


Today Emilia and I went to Tynehead today while Dom was at preschool. We had to huff it, but I managed to do the big paved loop with her in the stroller and Sherlock alongside me with a few sunny breaks to enjoy. It was so great to get that fresh air! My hips are sure paying for it now though!


I had to pick up Dom at 1 from preschool, and she usually naps 12-230, so the walk was partially to try to push through since I had to take her with me. She mostly made it haha. Almost fell asleep on the walk!

3. Oma De Jong got the COVID vaccine! This is a huge step! We haven't seen her in person since last February. She has slipped into some severe dementia and has been moved to Long Term Care at Elim. It's so hard that we haven't been able to see her at all throughout these major transitions other than over Zoom. We've been nervous about her contracting COVID, and there have been outbreaks at Elim, so this is very exciting for us! A little bit of 2021 hope!


Just for fun, here's a bump photo where I'm not just wearing my black on black outfit for my weekly photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment