Tuesday 19 January 2021

27 Weeks (JELLY SHOES) - 3.0: Jan 12-18

 



  • Day 2 into this week I hit 6 months pregnant - 3 months to my due date - the THIRD TRIMESTER. No biggie. I remember thinking, "Wow, I still have so much energy! I don't think I'll need to move on to the 3rd trimester workouts for a while!" False. A couple days later it hit me. I started needing a nap every day again, I had a really hard time building up the motivation to work out, and everything just felt difficult. Here we go!
  • I've been noticing my voice is sort of raspy. It's been going on forever so it's not like I'm sick, just like I constantly have a frog in my throat. Dave seems to think this happened with my other pregnancies too, but I don't recall such a thing. 
  • I am still so excited about the little pain I'm in so far! This is the biggest difference/improvement from my last two pregnancies, and I 100% credit appropriate exercise and strengthening for it. We went to the zoo on Sunday and I was great most of the time! After coming home and sitting in one spot for a while to rest my body, my SI joins (right hip/tailbone) was quite sore, but it wasn't constant. Just random flare-ups so far. I notice it most if I'm stationary for a long time. Once I get loosened up things relax a bit. 
  • As I mentioned above with my energy levels flopping, I couldn't muster up the will power to do the high energy LIT (Labour intensive Training) trimester 2 workouts later into this week. One day I took Sherlock for a good walk, one day I tried a prenatal yoga (which was nice, but I need to find a better one), and the next day I finally caved and moved on to the Beach Body Prenatal Barre Blend Trimester 3 Workout A. I don't know why I was hesitant. It was exactly what I needed! Still a workout, still a struggle, but lower energy and more appropriate for the size I am haha. I guess the program is designed this way for a reason... Duh. 
  • It's funny how "suddenly" it happens when pregnancy is such a gradual, 9 month process, but it feels like I had a sudden growth spurt this week. Getting out of bed is harder, cleaning up toys is harder, putting on my socks is harder, etc. 
  • Baby is alllllll over the place! My cousin is also pregnant and her baby finally flipped head down - she's due mid February, so this gives me hope! Baby does somersaults and flips and kicks and stretches all day long. 
  • Dave gets weirded out by it, but my veins are SUPER visible on the sides of my belly right now. It is kind of weird, but I also find it fascinating. They're so visible because there's so much blood flow to that area feeding the baby right now! Magic. Pure magic. 
  • My stretch marks around my belly button area are starting to appear more purple now, which means they're starting to stretch again and maybe getting new ones. I found a picture last week of my bare belly at this point with my first pregnancy and I couldn't believe how clean my stomach was! No stretch marks! I cannot even remember that time where my belly looked so... fresh haha. I haven't been overly self-conscious of the way it's looked since having kids, but it definitely makes me realize I had no idea how good I had it back then. 


    Here is said photo. 27 weeks pregnant with Dominic. 



    Here's 29 weeks with Emilia. You can sort of see what I mean. 


    And finally here is 24 weeks with this pregnancy. Battle scars! <3
Side note: In case you were wondering what Kids Jelly Shoes are...
 
Not sure how this measurement/comparison makes any sense, but oh well!


No comments:

Post a Comment