Thursday 9 July 2020

Thankful Thursday - 227

1. Grown up time with my parents. I literally cannot recall the last time we hung out with my parents, with just the 4 of us. There is always either kids or other family members around. It has probably been years. Anyway, they invited us over for wine and cheese after bedtime this week so Scott & Ashleigh came and sat at our place so we could go out. It's also been a long long time since we've gone out after bedtime! It was lovely to talk to Mom & Dad without all those distractions. Breath of fresh air!

2. Doing "normal" things. Funny how we definitely took life for granted before. It's been nice to get back to some of the normal things with the kids like running a couple errands, play dates, family birthdays, etc. 

Park play date a couple weeks ago. Turned around and saw this!

Still always with the baby dragon :)


I played bass in church on Sunday in front of people during a live service. It's been a long time! It was refreshing.

Working two jobs, David working, and having a social life (sort of) means I have to start accomplishing errands during the day again. I took Emilia to the veggie market with me one day, and both the kids to Costco. They were sooo excited. It was the first time in 4 months that Dom has been in a building other than a house.


 Brought D&E to the park by our house yesterday morning. Again, everything is extra exciting since it's been so long!


Checking and delivering fake mail to me


Twinning at Grandpa's birthday on Sunday!

Helping Grandpa refill the bird feeder.





3. New Harry Potter game & new puzzle mat! I finally ordered myself a puzzle mat. I just started a 1500 piece puzzle. Wish me luck! I love that I can just pack it away when I'm done.

Scott picked up this 2-player deck building Harry Potter game. Similar to the big one we play, but much better if you just have two players!



4. Candy Cane Tradition. Scott and Ash got Dom a candy cane for Christmas around his 2nd birthday, and got one for Emilia this past Christmas. We waited until Emilia was 2 yrs and 2 months to give her hers so she'd be the same age as Dom, and about the same age as me with the candy cane. Boy is it sticky!! She's a great sharer though!






Aaaand here are just some photos from this week because I don't have time to write another blog!

Little copy cat is now playing "garbage cans" just like Dom

I brushed Sherlock the other day. Ya... it needed to be done. Gross!!

Finally made it to the Tynehead overpass with Dom. He was beside himself with excitement.






Jump training with Daddy


Oh also! My neighbours are selling their house. It's priced way higher than I was expecting. I sincerely hope our new neighbours are good! We've been lucky so far. Pretty sure we're the bad (annoying) neighbours haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment