Tuesday 21 July 2020

Lately - Sunshine, Parks, Beaches and Pancakes!

Finally it feels like summer is here! Happy heat wave everyone! Summer is my second favorite season (after spring), so I'm definitely enjoying the long, warm days. So are Dom & Em since we get outside a whole lot more! (Fair-weather mother over here!)

Last week was Rebecca's second birthday. On Saturday Rachel & Kyle planned a BBQ picnic birthday party at a park in Burnaby. While it may have been at a park to allow for COVID distancing, it was probably the perfect way to celebrate! Shade and food for the adults, playground for the kids!

I love having an excuse that forces me to break out my lettering stuff. Otherwise I just don't have the time for it lately. Too  much going on!

Little accessorizer is getting park ready!

Instead of buying sunglasses for Dom, he's just using my old scratched up ones. Looking spiffy dude.

We showed Dom how to use this digger at the park and he spent a lot of time there just moving sand around. He loved it, and was actually strong enough for it which surprised me!



Rebecca decked out in her summer birthday outfit! (her hat is the same as the one Emilia was wearing this day)


Slightly less graceful than her big brother. You may notice my kids are both in bare feet. Ya... parents of the year over here! We forgot their shoes at home! I saw them at the bottom of the stairs and thought, "Oh, no way we'll forget those!" and then promptly forgot about them. Oops... Glad no one stepped on a bee!


This little one always steals my lip chap, and it's that medicated blistex stuff. Finally I bought her a watermelon lip smackers. She was over the moon. Had to go find a little purse to put it in, and now asks for it all the time. I have to budget her lip chap time though. Otherwise I catch her sucking on it or digging it out to eat it... too bad it tastes so delicious! Haha

The cousins played SO well together. Especially Dom and Rebecca. It is super sweet to see them playing together instead of just parallel playing. 



Closest I could get to a cute shot with their matching hats.




Our family's area

Opening some gifts! She got lots of bubbles :)

Sunday after naptime we packed up again and went to Rocky Point Park in Port Moody. We parked at Jeff & Marta's, and then walked down there. What a lovely place to live!

Everyone except Adam & Aly could make it



Played some spike ball, which Dom was probably better than me at.






Playing with ice cubes - good hot day activity!

Mom & Dad walked the littles to the pier, and Emilia held onto her hat the whole time so it wouldn't blow off. 

J&M brought ladder ball too! Great lawn games

S&A brought bocce. I'm not good at sports of any kind haha. But I have a good attitude at least!




This morning Gramma invited us over for brunch. We got there and played outside for a while before going in to make pancakes! It's been such beautiful weather, and they have a great backyard with shady and sunny spots to hang out.




Dom even got to cut up a banana with a knife! He had great knife-handling skills for never using one before. Hooray for play food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment