Thursday 18 June 2020

Thankful Thursday - 225

First, shameless work plug! We have a big virtual event coming up this Saturday as part of our COVID-19 response for the Trinity Western Spartans; the Complete Champion Challenge. So far the crowdfunding, sponsorship and other supporting gifts have been a great success!

We also have an online auction for the event that has started up already, and we're looking to gain traction on that. Take a look! There are all sorts of items such as gift cards (Amazon anyone?!), wine gift baskets (yes please!), horseback riding tours (hint hint David), golf, sports apparel, sports memorabilia, services, a wood pellet stove (not sure what this is, but it looks cool), etc. etc. Maybe something for Father's Day? :)

My job was to set up the crowdfunding campaign, and I'm proud of how well that's going! A lot of traffic has been drawn to the website after I was responsible for the redesign, so it's really nice to see the fruits of my labour!! (Maybe this is Thankful Thursday item number 0?)

If nothing else, just go to our website to see my hard work! (If you've ever seen our old website, you'll see why I'm so excited about it haha - MAJOR improvement!)

Spartan Foundation website and Complete Champion Challenge info: 

Online Auction Link:

This week I am thankful for...

1. Local parks. Tynehead will probably be a frequently visited park for us this summer. The kids are at an age where they can (mostly) walk it, and it has the trees, the sticks, the bridges, the dogs, the wild animals... what more could a little adventurer ask for?!

So much excitement in one little person
"Baby Adon on bent!" (Baby dragon on the bench!)

"Ent igggh" (This bench is high!)

Like I said...MOSTLY walk

"Eee me, Oma!" (Carry me, Oma!)
She gets away with being pathetic more often because she doesn't weigh 42 lb. Sorry Dom!

1a. David's videography capturing every day life! Dave has been filming more lately as a creative outlet and for learning purposes, so it's fun to see little clips of our life. He brought a new camera to Tynehead on that beautiful evening!



2. Me time. I'm trying hard to cut out time for myself while I still can, and actually use it. The problem is that I never know WHICH me-time activity to do! Lettering? Crocheting? Blogging? Yoga? Puzzling? Working? Napping? Reading? Tanning? Darn hobbies :)

It doesn't really help that Dom is almost done with quiet time, or it's significantly shorter anyway. He's often ready to come out before I'm ready for him to come out. 

He tries to be good and quiet if I'm still having my quiet time, but most often it looks like this... Me trying to do my yoga while he sits right in front of the screen and threatens to push all the buttons and asks ALL the questions, and tries to get involved. Like I can't get mad at that! He is in my life to improve my patience for sure haha. 

3. The zoo is open!! We took our first trip to the zoo yesterday and invited Gramma to come along! My zoo pass has been extended into August because of COVID, but for Emilia's birthday, she bought a pass for David and Dom so we can all go together whenever we find time this next year! Then I'll renew mine when it expires. 

Emilia was honestly the most perfect toddler the entire time. I don't think she lost her smile once. She was happy, singing, smiling, laughing the. entire. time.

Dom did really well all things considered! He's definitely three... He refused to pee anywhere (toilet, outhouse, nature) because it was different than home, but managed to hold it until we got home. 

We decided to bring his bike for the first time, and he actually rode it probably 25-30% of the time which is more than I thought! He did really well. No falls, and wore his helmet the whole time. A couple near meltdowns, but mostly pleasant!





Smile smile smile.

This hippo turned to face us and laid down and pushed its snout into these bars and just closed its eyes. It reminded me of when we crate Sherlock and he reluctantly naps in there. Hopefully it was just resting and not so lonely it craved human attention haha. Poor hippo

No fights about sharing the wagon thankfully! Cuteness.

A rare photo of me - only because I handed Dave my phone and asked him to take a picture haha.

Checking out the "ah-dator" (and yes, still carrying around that baby dragon everywhere we go)

"'Old ands Amma!" (Hold hands, Gramma!)



Look at that biker dude! So proud

Hard to see, but the moose was STREEEETCHING to get the leaves on our side of the fence.


Stopping to jump on every directional arrow while singing and speed-walk-booty-shaking away.

Lunch break at the black bears! The route we took around the zoo, we just happened to be practically following the food van around. Many of the animals got their lunches/breakfasts right as we got there, so there was a bit more action than usual!


Can't pick between these two :)


4. Playdate in the park. I have a whole new level of appreciation for my "changing room" mom friends (this is a reference to a podcast, we don't actually change in front of each other)! We finally felt comfortable getting together at a park to have a playdate. We went to this park last summer and today was just as beautiful a day. The level of parenting I had to do was almost zero. This will likely become a weekly tradition! By 1030 or so it started getting really busy unfortunately. 


We got there at the same time as Katrina and were the first ones. Dom and Emilia drove to church and the dentist. 


So nice to see Dom and Isla reconnecting! Once I got close enough to get a nice photo they ran off together of course, but here they are in the car. 

Here they are in the same car last summer :)


D&E played really really well together and kept each other occupied. Emilia is pretending to eat a meal with her baby dragon (yes, the dragon came along too)



FASTER FASTER!!




No comments:

Post a Comment