Monday 22 June 2020

Father's Day Weekend & Complete Champion Challenge

On Saturday we had our Complete Champion Challenge virtual event for work. A LOT of work from a LOT of different people went into the event, and I think it exceeded everyone's expectations. We raised $140,000 net, and our goal was $100,000. I had the live stream on our TV all day so I caught lots of the events and videos - it was all really well done. This week I get to process the hundreds of donations that came in and catch up on emails. Exciting and encouraging weekend for sure!

There's another $2,000 added to that amount now. Amazing what happens when people all over the world come together for one goal!

This weekend was also Father's Day. David and I celebrated his father's day on Saturday evening, since we knew Sunday would be super busy celebrating our dads and others. During the day, while I was half-watching the event, Dave and Scott were filming and editing for a 72 hr film challenge. They filmed something awesome and original that is about 1 min 40 seconds long. WATCH IT!


Dom JUST started writing letters, and wrote "DADDY" for the first time ever while we were making his card <3 Oh the joys of celebrating the special successes of your first born!

Emilia got a little haircut

We borrowed the little lego from my parents place. So many memories building with these sets growing up!


Love these people <3


After the kids went to bed, I gave David his card we made, and gifted him some brewskies. We shared a few of them and played a couple games. He beat (skunked) me in crib, but I dafted him in sleepy-head, so we'll call it even. 

Then we went to watch a movie downstairs. Dodgeball was the choice this evening and we had no regrets. Such a classic.


On Sunday David was able to take a break from church duties to be able to celebrate with the family. 

These cousins were reunited after over 3 months of separation. Dom was super excited to play with Rebecca. She's changed a lot in the last three months! The way she moves, communicates, and her looks. 

So... brunch was AMAZING and I ate WAY too much. 

Look at these three at the kids table! <3



The weather held out! We were trying to remain semi-distanced, so we planned to eat outside. No rain, not too warm, and even a little bit of sunshine!

This photo reminds me, I also got highlights last Friday! It was lovely to sit in a chair and be spoiled for an hour and a half!


Rachel made the most delicious carrot cake I've ever eaten. This is probably what put me over the edge indulgence-wise. I was going to just have a bite of Davids, but then after that bite I dove in and had a whole piece. Haha oops...


We went home for naptime, and then headed to my parents place for dinner. We were celebrating Father's Day for Dave and my Dad, and birthdays for Dad and Ashleigh, as well as Jeff and Marta's wedding day that should have been (June 26). We had a menu of food from around the world where they've travelled, which is what they were planning to do for their wedding, and indulged in some Polish vodka, which would have been another wedding tradition.

SO heartbreaking that the wedding has had to be postponed. I hope that when the day comes where they can have their wedding that it is just that much sweeter.

Caprese for Italy


champs to start




All our celebratees


We got Dad this v-spin. It's some device that aerates your wine in a decanter and supposedly makes a $300 difference! Haha. Tasted side-by-side I did taste a difference, so I guess it works! 

Croquettes for Holland and Greek salad for Greece

My movie star <3

Cheers with a shot of Polish vodka. 

I don't know how we messed up the timing on the shot so badly haha!

 
Pierogie pizzas a la Scott for Poland and Italy(?)

I was on cupcake duty, and Mom bought these little labels, so I put my lettering to good use! 

We played some ladder ball that Jeff and Marta brought. It turned into such a beautiful afternoon.









7pm came and went before we knew it. We had brought the kids' sleeping stuff, but agreed that by the time we got them to bed and they fell asleep it would be time to leave. I was a cool, relaxed mom and let them stay up and watch TV in Opa and Oma's bed for a while, knowing it would make the next day a mess! (If you know me, you know how hard it is for me to be flexible like that! My schedule/routine is everything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment