Thursday 11 June 2020

Thankful Thursday - 224

This week I am thankful for...

1. The ability to be home with the kids. We may be going through some changes in our schedule in the next few weeks, so I'm extra grateful right now for the fact that I can be home with these two while they're so little. Working from home with two little ones is hard and exhausting, but the rewarding parts outweigh the hard parts. 




Had to put things into perspective here. I was annoyed that they kept coming down while I was trying to scrub the grout in the entryway. Really though, would I change it? (Maybe sometimes :)...)

Yesterday she was so clingy and it reminded me of life with 9-18 month old Emilia - exhausting. However, it forced me to slow down and put things off to just sit with her and cuddle. Could be worse!

2. 2021 Planner! Every year I buy this planner from Costco and it is my lifeline. Yes, they sell it in June... 


3. Movie Nights. We had Gramma and Grandpa for dinner this weekend and they stayed to watch my favorite movie in the theatre after the kids went to bed - The Greatest Showman :)


Hiker and Sherlock were pretty cute together - he tried so hard to play with Sherlock

It's so hard to appreciate the theatre until you've watched something in it. Dave has done a great job with our $0 budget!

4. Our cozy yard! We've been working on our backyard/patio this year, and it's finally a nice cozy space I like to hang out. We have our furniture, a propane firepit, THE Costco lights, and GRASS! Looking forward to spending more summer evenings out here, but I wish it didn't get dark at 10pm... I like to go to bed before 10pm usually haha!



5. Creative Outlet. Dad asked if I could make a card for the Leadership Team at Langley Lodge, where they've lost many residents due to COVID-19. I was all over that. I spent a few days playing with watercolours and fiddling around until I found an idea I was pretty happy with - being a perfectionist is hard...




No comments:

Post a Comment