Tuesday 16 June 2020

Lately - Play, Crafts, Happy Meal, Tynehead (OWL), and Toy Story!

After my Thankful Thursday post last week, I promised myself I'd take more pictures this week. Success! 


This boy is settling down so well as he gets older (he's almost SIX!!!). He will happily lay beside me while I'm outside with the kids, and I don't have to hold his leash or anything. If someone we knows comes up he's outta there, but he loves to watch Dom & Em play.


Joining my sit-ervising.

They looked so much alike at birth. Funny how much they've changed. 


With all the Father's Day/Birthday/What-Should-Have-Been-Wedding Day celebrations coming up we needed to make some cards. These two are suddenly VERY into crafting which was fun. Lots of stickers, cutting with funky scissors, glue and sequins EVERYWHERE except the paper... colouring, etc. etc. Messy, but fun.


We've all been spending a LOT of time in our jammies the last three months...




David called me one day from a shoot and asked if I'd be willing to come bring him a lens he forgot at home. It did not take much convincing. I have had some serious cabin fever, and it sucks never getting to go anywhere with the kids. I packed up and off we went, only to realize it was almost lunch time. On the way home, I made a pit stop and got them their first Happy Meal!

They shared one, and I got a couple cheeseburgers since I knew they'd like that too.

Emilia ate the yogurt, orange juice, apples and some of the french fries. She didn't touch her cheeseburger piece and hardly touched the chicken nuggets. She's my little one that almost always goes for the fruit and vegetables first. Wierdo.


David was out all day (literally 8am-10pm) on Saturday unexpectedly, and then off at church again Sunday morning. I had a few little pity parties for myself, but I tried to make the most of it on Sunday morning and have been stepping back to play with the kids, letting some of the house stuff slide. 


Another crafting project. We made clocks, and Dom sat patiently waiting for church to start at 10:00.

Someone found an Elsa dress. I don't understand, she's so into Disney princesses, but I don't think she's seen any of the movies. I told her Elsa sings Let it Go so she was stoked about that and now calls it her "Let it Go Dress". We listen to soundtracks sometimes, but she has another nightgown that has Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine and Rapunzel on it that she tries to wear every night, but she's never even seen any of those movies... Disney marketing has it right!

Our grass is coming in nicely! Sherlock gave it a test-roll in the sunshine this weekend. 




In another "itching to get out of the house" moment, we went to Tynehead with Scott, Ashleigh and Benny. We did the long treed loop, which may have been a mistake as the kids were slowwwwww, but it was lots of fun (for me anyway, as I didn't have to piggy-back Dom haha!)

Miss Independent

She brought her baby dragon (the Happy Meal toy) with her and carried it the entire time. She loves that thing so much. Why do we even spend money on toys? Haha
*Actually we don't... they're all gifts/hand-me-downs/second-hand*

Thank goodness for Aunty Ashleigh having the energy to keep the 3-year-old going the whole time. Playing Star Wars and making trails or something...

And then this! We had a visitor! David went to look at a sign, and saw that it was warning about a "swooping owl". Less than a minute later this guy suddenly SWOOPS in and perches right in front of us. Oh man. I was in heaven. I love animals so much! He hung around and swooped back and forth a few times before going up in a tree. We then noticed two more owls up there doing little test-flights between branches. Must be a little owl family learning the ropes! <3

"It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!"
(This may have inspired us to watch this movie that night)

In their hideout/lair?

Yesterday we were invited for crepes for dinner at Mom & Dad's. Someone suggested we have a PJ party, and Dad said, "Only if we're watching a Disney movie after dinner!" And so it was. Crepes, PJ's and Toy Story! We only watched 45 minutes or so (until Sid takes them home), but it was super fun and nostalgic.


Lovely Opa/Emilia snuggle

Dom was very engaged. At times he must have been a little nervous, watching with his ENTIRE fist in his mouth haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment