Thursday 14 June 2018

Thankful Thursday - 136

A bittersweet day today. We had our last midwife appointment! Emilia is up 3lb from birth, and everything is looking good. I am so grateful for the experience we have had with the midwives, and am already looking forward to the next pregnancy/baby for that reason. 

This week I am feeling thankful for...

1. WINE! I am enjoying a good glass (or two) a day right now. It is so nice to be able to sit down and relax with a glass at dinner or after the nuggets are in bed. 
*I did the writing on this glass with my special glass/porcelain pen! Dishwasher safe and all.*



2. Going on a date with a small third wheel. Last Friday the Watoto Children's choir came and performed at our church. I'd seen them before, but was really keen to go again, so David's parents came and watched Dom so David and I could go! I opted to take Emilia as I wasn't QUITE ready to leave her yet. She was the perfect baby. I fed her right before the show and then she fell asleep in my arms for the entire concert. Major win for ease and snuggling! 



Hanging out before the show

3. Food! This will make the list as long as it continues. Between the meal train, having people over that bring/make dinner for us, or being invited out for dinner I can literally count the number of times I've made dinner in the last 5 weeks on 1 hand. This is such a blessing. If you're ever not sure what to do/get for someone, bring them food. Our grocery bill is significantly lower, I don't have to stress about what we're going to eat, which allows me more time and patience to take on the other tasks of being a stay at home mom of 2, and we get to try meals that we may not make for ourselves!


My Opa & Oma had us all over for dinner this week. Food was delicious, company was excellent, and both the kids behaved themselves! YAY!

Dom was loving the attention

Adam asked us what we were doing for dinner one day, and ended up coming out to make a HUGE pot of Italian Wedding Soup. We all ate our fill, and then we have 4 meals left over in the freezer! Yummy

4. Selfies with my babies. There isn't anyone around to take pictures of me with my kids most of the time, so I guess I have to do it myself!



This is Dominic's favorite face right now. It always gets attention from us. Goober

Settling down for nap time with the little one

My empty coffee mug was behind the couch and Dom was playing with it "cheers-ing" with his sippie cup. Cool. Adorable, right? What's NOT adorable? When he pours the contents of his sippie cup into the mug and proceeds to dump it over my head and shoulder. Thanks dude. I really appreciate how casual you are about that. Haha!
*It was not even 10am, and I was already onto my third shirt for the day due to spit up*

Okay... some non-selfies too because I can't resist :)



I asked D to make me a cup of coffee, so he went to his kitchen, grabbed his little coffee pot and put it by my coffee maker. HA! How do they figure this stuff out?!



Milk Drunk!

Air dry post-shower!


This is what I come down to after being upstairs for 5 (or less) minutes putting the baby to bed. He sure knows how to make a mess!!

Dom painted for the first time! A couple masterpieces

There may have been a misunderstanding about what the point of the activity was... I think he thought it was some sort of dip? No sir... very disappointing eh? Haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment