Monday 18 June 2018

Father's Day Weekend

I neglected to plan anything super special for Father's Day this year for Dave. I've been a little busy/distracted and we also have our own dads to celebrate with!

Friday evening, however, we went out and had our first date night without any kids since Emilia was born. We did our classic and went to Cactus Club. We went just for dessert and a few drinks instead of for dinner. It was delicious! So nice to do something with just the two of us and no distractions. 



Cactus Club was a must because all I really wanted was their sangria!

Saturday morning we didn't have plans, but in the afternoon we went out to celebrate David's sister Allana's birthday. We brought both the littles and Dom was so well behaved and social and awesome! Emilia was good too, but she refused to sleep which made her very overtired and led to a difficult evening. The weather was beautiful though and we were outside the whole time!





Sunday morning we went to church and then Dave and I went our separate ways for lunch . I had my family over for lunch with my Dad, and he went to his parents' house for a BBQ lunch there!






For dinner I zipped to the grocery store and grabbed us some salads and a case of beer. We spent the evening playing outside with Dom and trying our best to beat the heat! We need to get a second AC unit. We had to move our one from Dom's room to our room during the day BC otherwise Emilia overheats while she naps.


Made a friend on my walk with Dom & Sherlock


I am so incredibly grateful for David and the man that he is, and that I get to raise our family alongside him. We're figuring all of this out together and we make a great team. 




1 comment:

  1. I love when Dom & Opa wear their matching shirts!! And oh my goodness, Dom`s back fat is the best thing I`ve seen today :D

    ReplyDelete