Friday 4 May 2018

Thankful Thursday - 131

This has been a hard week with the loss of Shadow, and I am grieving that. It is maybe even more important this week to find things to be thankful for. 

1. Shadow had a great life. While it is hard that she is gone now, and she was a huge part of our family, she had a wonderful life. She was happy, active and energetic (as an old dog can be) right up until the last couple weeks. My dad said on Facebook after he brought her to the vet, "It was a small price to pay for 11+ great years."




2. IKEA Hacks. This will be on my thankful list for a long time I think! We built one of these stools so Dom can stand at the counter/sink to help out while I get other chores or cooking done. He loves to push it around to where he wants to go, and is very excited about it! I think it would be on his Thankful Thursday list if he had one too!


After a couple soakings at the sink, we now have a system. Take off the socks, roll up the pants, lay a dog towel on the floor, and put on the giant IKEA smock. 

Mixing up some potato peels and cheerios... Yummmm


Having a snack while Mom cooks

So excited!

3. Getting out. I know I use this one all the time, but I've had so many outings lately. I am just trying not to say no to anything. There was 4 days straight where I had some sort of food-related outing. Date with David to the Keg with a gift card, dessert date to Moxies with David, crashing my parents' date at Cactus Club for dessert and a drink the day of Shadow, and then breakfast with Gramma at Ricky's yesterday!


My Tasting Trio at Moxie's! You can see Dave's appropriately-sized dessert across the table... this was all for me haha!

Being a perfect angel at Ricky's. I wasn't sure how it would go, but he was awesome.

4. HAM BONE. I just have to unload pictures, and he makes me laugh all the time.


Dom has been waking up earlier (6-630), so I decided to try cutting back his afternoon nap a little bit (waking at 230) to see if that protects his night sleep. Well he had other ideas this week. Passed RIGHT out.


This boy has so much love for his puppy. When Sherlock is sleeping on the couch Dom will often crawl over just to sit with (or occasionally on) him.

I was a little nervous Sherlock would be uncomfortable with this, so I watched closely, and didn't let it go on for long. Sherlock has become such a patient boy though. Even licking Dom's hand when he reached back to pet his ears.



He's so sturdy. My parents have decided to start calling him Moose. I love seeing him run around in jeans and no shirt. Looks like a little Levi's commercial haha!



I love seeing him sit at Storytime in his little chair like a big boy. He's just munching away on his fishy crackers, listening to the stories and bopping along with the songs <3
He looks so little next to Devin in this picture! Their matching shirts were not planned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment