Wednesday 25 May 2016

Thankful Thursday - 45

What am I thankful for this week? Lots!

1. Our new patio! Last Saturday our dads came out to help us (okay... so I didn't help at all) build a paving stone patio in our yard. I can't wait for summer evenings sitting out here by the propane fire pit! We get evening sun in our backyard, so it's going to be perfect! We just have to get some real patio furniture eventually. Why is that stuff SO expensive?! That evening, after we finished the patio, my family came over for some Thai food and games as well!

Doesn't this look glorious?!

Setting up to play some Up & Down the River!

2. The long weekend. Two days off between work weeks is simply not enough! Having that extra day on a long weekend is perfect! We were able to accomplish so much this weekend, and visit with many people. Saturday was patio & games day. On Sunday we had some people over after church for coffee and then went to David's parents' house for delicious dinner, drinks and visiting. Monday we spent most of the day with Scott; did some shopping, Olive Garden, and relaxing!


Rachel & Anthony cuddling with Shadow while looking at some of our (many) photobooks. Cute!

Mango Coconut Daquiri with fresh strawberries and mint (from our garden!)
 
I can't get this photo to rotate... You'll have to tilt your head I guess! Delicous strawberries and whipped cream on waffles. That HIT THE SPOT!

Hit up the Party City after Olive Garden!

Shadow is such a love. I was trying to rest on the couch, but she had other plans. Always trying to be as close as possible!

3. My goofiest guy. Sherlock (or Squinty as we've been calling him lately) is such a goof. He's a great sport, always putting up with my shenanigans. I can't imagine what life was like before we had Sherlock. We must have been so bored and miserable! He brightens up every day. 


Haha! He can't always be perfect you know.


Photo op on our walk at Tynehead. So easy-going that Sherlock.


This is his "Waiiiiit..." face. I love it. He looks directly at you and seems to almost smile. So darling.

1 comment:

  1. Your patio looks awesome!! I think Ikea has some reasonable patio furniture.

    ReplyDelete