Thursday 19 May 2016

Thankful Thursday - 44

1. Drive-by Compliments. I was walking with my parents the other day, and this group of kids (aged 8-12 maybe) rode by on their bikes. As they went by, one of the girls who was maybe 10 years old said to me, "Hi! You look nice!" and continued on her way. It was quite the shock. I wasn't feeling particularly "nice" that day (wearing no makeup, lacking sleep, and wearing an over-sized hoodie). It's amazing what a few kind words will do for someone's day when they're not expecting them! 

2. Fun day with family. More on this to come, but we celebrated my Oma's 85th birthday last Sunday at the Vancouver Aquarium and Cactus Club in Coal Harbour. It was a blast, and I'm glad we could all get together for this! Uncle Reynold and Aunt Marjon even flew in from Holland to surprise Oma!



3. My bed. I look forward to going to sleep again every morning right when I wake up. Some days it's just so hard to pry myself out of bed at 5:45 am! We are absolutely loving our new(ish) king-size memory foam mattress. Our sleep is much less interrupted and we often feel more rested, and much less sore!


Until next week... 
Remember to think about what you have to be thankful for :)

2 comments:

  1. I loooove my bed. Totally my happy place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! I get up early every morning to exercise, but during the winter months it is so much more difficult to get out of your warm bed and face the cold air to work out. We just purchased a new memory foam bed as well and it makes sleep that much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete