Monday 3 October 2022

Weekly Roundup (Buble & a Birthday)

 I feel like I should just start doing one post a week or something. 

Anyway, since I last posted, Dave finally came home from his trip to Montana (yay!). I haven't quite recovered yet, but life goes on!

Last Monday we dropped Dom off at school and practiced our nice smiles for school pictures. Emilia and I made some playdough and we enjoyed the unseasonably warm end of September. 

Dom knows he normally can come down at 7am, dressed for school. At 645 that morning this came around the corner and totally startled me haha. 

"Smile nice D!" Hope he cooperated better for the photographer haha. And hope he remembered to take off his sweater!

Emilia's picture day was the next day, but she wanted to practice her smile too. 

Always wanting to walk up these "bih tep" (big steps). 

Playdough action. We kept some white so she could play Frozen and make Olaf :)

Making trolls and other Frozen characters

She looks a little concerned. We're watching the diggers at the school construction

Tuesday evening Dave got home around 615pm and was able to help with bedtime (yay!). He sat down with Dom and showed him some pictures and videos on his phone from his trip. Once he has his photos and feature video edited together I'll share it. They had an awesome time, got up close and personal with nature, and had to hitchhike in the cold dark mountain roads when they forgot their keys in the other car parked many miles down the road. Anyway it's great to have him home. It took me about 6 days to get into a groove with the kids, so I was finally feeling comfortable and then had to adjust to having a partner again haha!

Thursday we dropped Dom at school and then Emilia off at 9. After Emilia's drop off I noticed the school came out for their Terry Fox run! I got a little emotional watching Dom out there running his heart out with all his friends and his teacher. The Terry Fox Run coincided with Orange Shirt Day, so Dom is quite convinced the orange shirts were for Terry Fox. I tried to explain, but it wasn't happening.


I give up

Mom had to come over so that I could leave Eva to nap and go pick up Emilia from school. Then we were back home for an hour before we all packed up to get Dom again. Hopefully we don't have to do that too often! 
Emilia made mini apple pies at school! So tasty!

Friday was Truth & Reconciliation Day so there was no school for the kids. Honestly I was sort of ready for an off day. I made a GIANT pulled pork which we shared with Jesse & Kirstin in the evening and I tried to take the kids to the library. It turned out to be closed, so we went to the playground instead. 


Saturday everyone was at each other's throats at home, so I quickly asked if anyone wanted to go to Tynehead with us. Mom & Dad came thankfully, as we had two on bikes, a toddler in the stroller and the dog. Too much for us to handle on our own! The kids did great until Dom fell close to the end. Luckily at that point Eva no longer wanted to be in the stroller so he took her spot and felt very special about that. Thanks to Aunty Ashleigh, when I did school drop off this morning and everyone asked what happened to his knee he said, "I got in a fight with a bear... and I WON!" The look on the kids' faces was priceless haha. Looking at their parents like "is this for real?!" For quiet time I sent the kids downstairs with Dave and they played some video games and then watched a movie on the big screen. 



Mulan is still a favourite around here.

In the evening we got to go to the Michael Buble concert! I've always wanted to go see Buble live, so jumped at the opportunity when Mom & Dad asked months ago who'd like to go with them. In the end Dave wasn't able to come because we couldn't find childcare. Katrina offered to put our kids to bed for us so he could come, but I invited her to take Dave's place instead. It felt like we were 17 again being driven around by our parents haha. 

Before the concert we went to the Ventura Room for some appetizers and drinks. Then the concert was at 8 at Rogers! It was awesome. I LOVE live music and have a great appreciation for people who can sing and perform. Buble is definitely an amazing performer and connects with the crowd well. He makes the singing seem so effortless and it was all flawless. Right up my alley, and I'd definitely go again next time he's in town. 






After a waiter saw our attempt at a selfie at the restaurant he offered to help us with the much nicer photo up above haha.

Nice to do things with a fellow blogger so I don't have to be the one doing the selfies all the time! 

Sunday was Scott's 29th birthday. We met up with them at the Dino park in Langley for some morning energy burning. 






In the evening we all went over to Mom & Dad's and had dinner together. After all the kids were in bed (or being babysat), we all did some wine tasting! Everyone brought a bottle of Syrah or Shiraz and we did some side-by-side tastings of different vintages, and just treated ourselves to some others. One year Mom got all the guys a breathalyzer for Christmas which we all sort of laughed at at the time. Last night though before everyone went home it was nice to be able to be 100% certain we all had safe drivers! It's hard sometimes when you're drinking little bits throughout the evening. Better safe than sorry!


Tomato & burrata salad

Dom found this Rubik's cube and is obsessed. We're getting a 2x2 and 3x3 for him because this is obviously impossible. He brought it for show and tell today though.


Amaretto! Drool

Speaking of unseasonably warm, it's October 3 and supposed to feel like 28 degrees today... I do not remember ever having such a warm start to Fall. It's hard to believe it's Fall as well because the leaves have barely started changing! I remember last year it was end of August and all the trees were turning already! Unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment