Saturday 25 December 2021

Thankful Thursday - 281

I prepped this post on Tuesday/Wednesday, but never got around to posting it as our household is just too busy with sick children. Post to come on that soon. Merry Christmas to us :)

1. The Santa Suit. It was bought for Dom on his first Christmas and all three kids have now worn it on their first Christmases! (And Emilia on her second as well). It's a classic!




Before you think she's my favourite because there are so many more photos of her, remember she's also the only one that sits still long enough for a photo to be taken haha.

2. Encouragement to get outside. I was having kind of a hard day at home on Monday (and Tuesday, but this was on Monday). I was totally overwhelmed and being pulled in different directions and everyone was being so needy. Ashleigh invited me out to the park by her house, so I packed up all the kids and we went down there. It was crisp and cool. The big kids had a blast and it felt so good to get some fresh air. 

I mean COME ON!


All 4 of the baby cousins got a matching toque made by me for Christmas :)





3. Sherlock is feeling better. He got really lethargic over the weekend, and by Monday morning we were quite concerned. He was still eating and drinking normally, and having regular pees and poops with no vomiting, but he was so bleh. Sulking all over the house, falling asleep with his head up, laying awkwardly, and the weirdest part was that he couldn't even jump up on our bed on his own at all, and could barely get onto the couch. He's normally quite agile and strong, so we called the vet and they couldn't get us in, and recommended we take him to emergency. I didn't feel it was an emergent situation as he was still eating and drinking fine. (The day he refuses to eat I will rush him to emergency haha!). With some help from a friend and some calling around, I managed to get us an appointment at Tynehead Animal Hospital, a relatively new clinic at 160 and Fraser Highway. The vet saw us and checked Sherlock over. Sherlock was of course not displaying his lethargic symptoms at all as he was so stressed being at the vet, but I had a video so the Dr could take a look. We are now operating under the suspicion that something with his spine or hips is bothering him. We're hoping that it is just some soft tissue injury (could be from slipping on ice, our floors, or the way he runs around the corners into the house or something). I was grateful this was his first thought, because we were assuming something internal was going on and I was prepared for blood work and all. He administered some pain meds, and gave us two more doses of anti-inflammatory for the next two days. Once we got home from the vet, Sherlock was pretty much back to normal. Had pep in his step, could jump on the couch no problem, and was much more alert. Next day he was a bit slower, but mostly normal. 

Mommmm... I hate this!

No comments:

Post a Comment