Thursday 16 December 2021

Thankful Thursday - 280

 Not gonna lie - it's been a tricky week. 

Since Sunday, a cold has gone through our entire household. Today most of us are feeling quite a bit better, but Dave and Eva are still in the thick of it. I haven't been sleeping well with anxiety about the holidays and having to miss things and cancel plans because of stuffy noses. Also there's the new variant and looming restrictions, pressure to keep plans even when I'm feeling sick, unpredictable naps, cranky children, lower energy levels, not being able to ask for help... You know how it is!

That being said... 

Today I am thankful for...

1. The kids being well enough for preschool! As I've said before, preschool is the lifeline to my week. They missed it on Tuesday as Dom was sick and it was closed due to teacher illness I believe (clearly this cold is going around the classroom). It's their Christmas concert today and while we can't be there, they're excited for it and to watch it with us this evening. 

These sweaters are too small now, but Dom insisted on wearing his for their Christmas dress-up day/concert. Hilarious!

2. A special birthday. I turned 30 last weekend, and our families made sure I felt special! I had rest, I did some shopping, I had good company, I was spoiled with dinner in Vancouver, and even the firetrucks came out! 



3. Advent activities. Even though we've been a little under the weather we've kept up with our advent activity calendar! Maybe sometimes I rearrange things to better suit our day, but the kids look forward to it every day.

Day 9 - Dinner & Playmobil at Opa & Oma's
We were supposed to watch Rudolph, but pivoted to going to Opa and Oma's instead :)

He is soooo into this hockey game. He'll play forever if we let him. He keeps score, has full games, and is very competitive with himself. 

Day 10 - Gingerbread House.
Next year I'll get them each a gingerbread house so they can spent more time on it. 







Such goofs


Day 11 - Christmas tunnel walk
Our annual family photo!

Last year Dom totally impressed and surprised me with his super handsome, "normal" smile. He did not make that mistake this year haha!

Day 12 - Christmas cookies with Gramma
It was just going to be "have dinner with Gramma and Grandpa" because we were going out, but then Gramma got ambitious and wanted to bake with them! 


Day 13 - Glow stick dance party. 
Emilia has been introduced to Abba, so it was mostly a "dancing queen" party. If you ask her, she IS the dancing queen. 
Very hard to get photos of glow sticks...

Daddy brought out his lights and added to the party ambiance

Day 14 - Candlelight pancake dinner


Day 15 - Frosty the Snowman




And for the sake of time, I'll just plop some more photos from the week here:

This little stinker.

Always trying to stand up on everything.

Eva and Wren! I mean how cute is this?! <3

Picture doesn't capture the ambiance, but this is the view from my kitchen window. Straight down a fully lit complex! So colourful and lovely :)

Tell me you had a good nap without telling me you had a good nap

Listening to audiobooks. Also this Christmas book advent thing is awesome. Every day there's a little story to read and then they hang it on the tree. A little bit over their heads at times, but it's a fun tradition.

She lights up when she sees animals

Spent a couple hours wrapping some gifts the other night. There are still more, too. Some I don't know how I'm going to wrap yet... Maybe just put a bow on them?

After dinner last night I was going to take the dog for a walk since it wasn't raining. Emilia asked to come with me and ride her bike. It's tempting to say no, but it's such a simple yes. She has a blast, she doesn't complain, she feels special and loved, and it's nice quality time for us. 

Rode back and forth through the tunnel a few times

When I said she could come, but we'd have to get warm clothes first she ran upstairs with me, gave me a big hug and a stroke (she likes to stroke my arm when she's feeling lovey), and said, "I love you Mommy." If this is what it takes to fill your bucket honey, I'm here for it. 
Also I need to get her a new helmet! She's wearing Dom's here because her other one is too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment