Friday 17 December 2021

Eva - 8 Months

My internal clock is still confused by Eva. How is she only 8 months? It feels like she's been here forever! But also... How is she already 8 months? Wasn't she JUST a newborn?! It hits different when I have other kids and I can see glimpses of what little Eva is going to become in a few years. 

The Santa Suit!!! <3




Weight: 20.2 lb (80th percentile)
Height: 28.5 inches (95 percentile)

Notes:
  • Size 9-12 and 12 month clothing mostly. Size 3 diapers. Size 2-3C shoes. 
  • Still just the two teefers
  • The start of Leap 6 was a rough one! She's settled down a bit now though.
  • She plays strange a little (particularly with men), but is much more easy going that way than Emilia was. Gives me hope for the next year of my life!
  • She crawls to get wherever she wants to go. Lucky for me, at this point she doesn't want to go that many places. Particularly just her toys in the living room and sometimes the Christmas tree. 
  • She went through a phase (well still is a little bit) where she would only take two sips of her bottle at a time and then sit up, push it out, spit out the milk, dribble everywhere, and try to move around. Exhausting. 
  • She pulls herself up and moves between different things (activity cube to couch, for example). She also has started surfing the couch
  • A week or two ago she had a major leap in development and within 2 days she started pulling herself up, surfing, and getting to sitting up from laying down.
  • Shakes her head at us when we do it to her
  • Full of "ba ba ba ba"
  • When she's tired and ready for bed she'll practically throw herself into her crib once you're close. 
  • I think she's starting to try to sign... or clap. I'm not very consistent with it yet, but we've been working on "more" and "all done". She definitely does "more" when eating oatmeal sometimes, but I'm not sure if she's connected it or if she just knows we get excited. Or if she's just trying to clap. 
  • She doesn't love the car seat. She's never loved the car seat. 
  • Lights up and squeals when she sees animals.
  • At Mission Thrift Store the other day she was being grouchy so I grabbed a little doll and handed it to her. She got quiet, looked it dead in the eyes, grabbed its hand, smiled and softly said, "ba ba ba"
  • Girl loves to eat. She eats anything. I thought I'd be funny and give her a pickle. Liked it. Okay, let's try a lime! Liked it. We're still doing baby led weaning and it's been great.
  • I am officially done breastfeeding, and have been for almost 4 weeks. I am at peace with this. I'm enjoying the freedom!
  • I still haven't gotten my first postpartum period. 
  • Been waking up 45-60 minutes after falling asleep this week and screaming inconsolably on and off for an hour or so. I am sincerely hoping it's because she's been sick and not the start of the 8 month sleep regression. I assume her sleep regression won't hit us too hard... Fingers crossed!
  • She has (had) her first cold this week. Nothing crazy. Stuffy nose, sinus congestion, etc. She handled it well, though was definitely a little more cranky than usual. 
A typical day: 
We usually do a 2.25/2.75/3 hour schedule
715: Wake and 7 oz bottle
830: oatmeal
930-1130: nap
1130: wake and 6 oz bottle
1230: lunch
215-345: nap
345: wake and 6 oz bottle
500: dinner
645: 7 oz bottle and bed


No comments:

Post a Comment