Thursday 14 May 2020

Thankful Thursday - 221

Today was a good day. I got lots done around the house, I got lots of work done, I played, I cooked dinner, I went for a walk, I picked up some things on marketplace, I had some me time in the evening for the first time in many many months, it was warm and sunny... The list goes on. 

This week I am thankful for...

1. My haircut kit. Before COVID started I decided to buy a haircut kit for Dave and Dom. I am finally getting the hang of it, and Dom sat still and let me cut his hair the other day!

Oh my gosh. I am just seeing such a big boy every time I look at him lately. He's so well-spoken (for a 3-year-old), super athletic, and incredibly curious. He has such a kind heart and amazing memory.

I have mom-bias, but I think he's just so beautiful <3

2. Aunty Ashleigh not working. She came over on Thursday and up and took the kids for a walk after lunch. I power-cleaned the main floor while they were gone and actually got to relax a bit during nap time guilt-free. Bonus points - Ashleigh got the manager position at the SCS Clayton Preschool, where Dom is set to attend in September (COVID-allowing). 

A little excitement after the walk - a tow truck came to pick up a neighbour's car!



3. Marketplace. Today I picked up a helmet for Dom AND three bar stools for our kitchen! I have been wanting to get rid of our old bar stools for a long time because their backs created a big black wall in the middle of the kitchen. These new ones have no backs and tuck under the island overhang perfectly. It just feels so much more open!

Not the cutest helmet in the world, but it works! And he actually wore it without complaining! He was even more confident on his bike. Again, mom-bias, but I'm pretty sure he's very athletic. His coordination and the rate he picks up new things seems really fast.

"Come on Emilia! This way!'


Little Mommy in Training <3

New stools, nicely tucked away

Old stools. Selling on marketplace - anyone want? :)

4. Neighbours making big purchases. Big in both cost and size! While I was out with Dom driving the BMW, a neighbour brought by this humongous box. They're a couple around our age with no kids. They asked Dave if we wanted it and said, "I mean if I want to make a fort out of it I can only imagine what your kids would do!" So yes... we almost took out our patio door getting it in, but it is now in our living room. I sincerely hope they spend lots of time tomorrow happily playing in their fort. 




No comments:

Post a Comment