Thursday 19 March 2020

Thankful Thursday - 215

Well I'm super disappointed to report we've had to cancel our much-anticipated weekend away in Osoyoos this weekend. There were a few reasons we had to cancel, but it mostly resolves around health and keeping loved ones healthy. Emilia is very snotty, and I just can't in good faith send her to my parents all weekend when Mom is seeing Oma often, and my dad works with vulnerable people in health care facilities. Our marriage really needed this weekend away, but it's hard to feel sorry for myself when almost everyone in the world has had to cancel plans the last few weeks. David offered to stay home with the kids and let me go alone, but I have decided I'd rather wait until we can go together. It was supposed to be a marriage maintenance weekend. As nice as it would have been to go away and be completely selfish for a weekend, it felt very selfish haha! Maybe if it wasn't so far away. 

Anywho, I'll get over it. These are some things I'm thankful for:

1. Beautiful views. It was so warm and beautiful this week! I pulled over driving home from Maple Ridge the other day just to take a picture of the view. It's not like me to slow down and appreciate things like that :)


From our dining room <3 So thankful for this view every night


2. Adventurous siblings who cook for you. Scott made us pizzas this week with sourdough pizza dough from sourdough yeast he's been making/growing(?) SO delicious!! 



3. Outdoor time in the sunshine. Dominic is really good at getting me outside lately. What this really means is that he asks nonstop until I give in.



I picked up this Strider for $25!!!

My station in the sun. I really didn't get to sit there for long, but maybe eventually they'll just play and I can sit and read a book!

Had a genius moment. We have these large stones beside our driveway and I thought to bring down some water and paint brushes so they could paint the rocks! We did this happily and quietly for over half an hour, until it was time to go in for nap time. WIN!




#ProofofMom

4. He might be ready!? Today the kids were playing and sat on the potty for a while. Dom sat without a diaper on, which is a big deal. He then randomly told my mom today, "Oma! I'm doing potty training!" He is excited about the idea of peeing on the potty, and seems to really want to. He told me he's done with diapers. I mean... okay! We have nothing better to do this weekend, so might as well put this lockdown to good use! Wish us luck as we cautiously attempt potty training of two toddlers at the same time. 


Changing my tactics this time and using the TV to make the potty a positive place. This is probably what life will look like a lot more than usual for the next little bit!

There is no such thing as a candid photo of Emilia. 

5. Opa and Oma's kitchen is almost fixed! Dom and I went over after nap time today to see the kitchen with the appliances and everything. It looks so beautiful and bright! 

I didn't take a picture of the kitchen, but here's a cute one of Oma and Dom reading a book while I sit at the new island!

No comments:

Post a Comment