Tuesday 18 April 2017

Easter Weekend

Every day feels like a weekend to me, especially when David doesn't have too many shoots!



Friday morning Dom & I went to Costco with Mom & Dad. It was his first time there, and he was a champ! Lots of smiles from other shoppers and a few conversations. There's no hiding in the crowd when you have a bald blue-eyed baby with you. 



After shopping, Uncle Adam came over for a quick visit. Dom had lots of chatting to do with him! Many stories to tell.

Not long after Adam left, Janine came over with Jaia! Jaia was born two days before Dominic (yup... that's right. She's a Christmas baby)! All four of us have December birthdays. Me - December 11; Janine - December 18; Jaia - December 25; Dominic - December 27. What a brutal month! 
Anyway, it was SO good to see Janine. I haven't seen her since her wedding last June as she lives in Indiana. We FaceTimed a handful of times throughout our pregnancies, and then another few times with our babies. Oh. How I miss her. We seem to just pick up where we left off every time. Her and Jaia are here for a month! So I'm sure there will be a couple more baby snuggles and visits.


2 days and 3 pounds apart

Baby swap!

Saturday was spent largely doing house work. Courtney came over later on and we played some Settlers of Catan. I'll have you know I won 2/3 games. One of them I won without even having Largest Army, Longest Road, or any Victory Point Development Cards!



Courtney also stuck around while Dom slept so that David, Sherlock and I could go for a walk in the gorgeous weather. It was so warm! I was toasty in a t-shirt and leggings! Spring has Sprung! We then had burgers for dinner. First BBQ of the season at Chez Kimber!




Dominic Sommelier


This is a rarity now a days. Dom skipped his late afternoon nap, and when I went to shower he CRASHED with Dad. Snoring and all. This made bedtime difficult (took an hour to fall asleep), but he was so cute! He is too much of a busy-body to sleep like this usually. He's also too busy to nurse in a bright area. He gets distracted and pats my face/chest or starts smiling and talking to me. Adorable honey, but please just eat so we can get on with our day! Haha

Sunday morning was of course Easter. We went to church in the morning and then zipped home to get Dom back down for a nap.

 
Sunday best! <3 I may or may not have purchased the shirt and sweater vest long before Dom was born, with the sole purpose of him wearing it on Easter...

Such a little gentleman

I see no resemblance between us! Definitely his Dad's son.

I guess church is kind of boring when you're three and a half months old.

We came home for nap time (both Dom & I), and then got ready to go to my parents' house for dinner! Mom & Dad cooked up a ham! We never have ham. It was so delicious!

So sorry to those I cut out of the picture.. I panicked!

After dinner we socialized, had some port and chocolate and... wouldn't you know it... played a game of Settlers of Catan! Scott picked up the expansion so we could play with up to 6 people. I won, naturally!


Monday morning Dom & I went to have a play date at Amy's house with Carter, Devin & Eli. It's always the best sort of chaos. Also, Eli is at such a fun age. Dominic will be that age (6.5 months) this summer when we're in the Okanagan for Dad's birthday and Adam's wedding! I forgot to document this visit with photos (also may have been hiding my phone from the boys haha). 

That evening, David's parents came over and brought dinner! It's so handy to have people come to us now that Dom is napping in his crib every time, and going to bed for the night by 7 or 730. This way we don't have to miss out so much! 

Easter Egg cake!

*************************************************************************

Dominic will be 4 months old on April 27, but we have officially had to start packing up some of our 6 month clothes, and move him into 9 month sleepers in particular. He's just so long... His 6 month onesies still fit fine, but anything with legs we're starting to have to move up (and probably go shopping!). Last night he stretched wearing a 6 month sleeper and popped two of the buttons open! And then I put him in the outfit pictured below, and as you can see it's lacking in the length department (sad). I can't believe he's so big! I'm not ready for this teething, growing, rolling, 9 month clothed creature yet!

6 Months... So cute though!

His first time trying on a 9 month sleeper. I held it up and said, "No way is this fitting you. It's way too big!" Tried it on anyway, and may have almost shed a tear. A. He's so adorable; B. He's so HUGE! 
{Don't mind the disaster around his mat... War zone haha!}



1 comment:

  1. Dom is so much bigger than the other baby!! Love those Easter pictures of you two :) We have snow today....

    ReplyDelete