Thursday 6 October 2016

Thankful Thursday - 60

Some things to be thankful for this week...

1. Fall Colours. I love this time of year. Especially when we have gorgeous days like we did last weekend!




This isn't very fall-ish, but it was a chilly night, so I put on my onesie from Janine and guess what... STILL FITS! and SO cozy! I look forward to many onesie date nights from afar with J9. 

2. Family get-togethers. It was Scott's 23rd birthday on Sunday, and we all got together to have brunch after church. Jeff (and sous-chef David) made eggs benedict, while Adam put together some delicious hashbrown potatoes! Courtney had baked an apple bread and I just enjoyed the delicious food! We spent the rest of the day playing games, and finished off with dinner at the pub. 


Super tasty Apple Bread & Fruit 

Gettin' those Benny's ready!

Jeff whiskin' up some Hollandaise!

Sherlock willing a piece of bacon or ham or cheese or anything into his mouth 


Jeff & Adam hard at work

Yummy yummy breakfast potatoes!

The rest of us.. not so hard at work



I forgot to include the fruit and apple bread in my picture, but this gives you an idea. Much better than any eggs benny breakfast I've had at a restaurant!

3. Buy Buy Baby. We made our baby registry at Buy Buy Baby Canada. I did everything online, by reading reviews, etc. Brent & Amy had their baby boy last week and I couldn't wait to go buy some little clothes for him since I'm not allowed to buy little boy clothes for our boy yet. Have to leave some things for gifts apparently... What a fun store!!! So glad we registered here. I feel like anyone could have fun shopping there! It's like Bed Bath & Beyond for baby stuff!



Bonus pictures of us with baby Eli! <3


Bonus. Meal Prep! I've been making monthly meal plans which saves SO much time, stress and money! I am including meals on my plan that freeze well. On Wednesday we made up 10 pesto pizzas. They make for a delicious, easy, and relatively healthy meal! I also created a list with a dry-erase marker for our deep-freezer which lists all the things that are in there so we don't forget about those chicken breasts that have probably been sitting at the bottom of it for 2 months... (again)... 


Until next week!! Remember to keep practicing gratitude :)

No comments:

Post a Comment