Tuesday 18 October 2016

Fall Things - Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch

October 11 was David's sister, Rachel's birthday. She wanted to get everyone together to go to the corn maze. I hadn't been in at LEAST 10 years. So fun! Although I must admit it crossed my mind how much extra fun it would be if we were a little tipsy. 

It was an absolutely perfect night for the corn maze. Clear and chilly!



On October 16, the realtors that helped us purchase our house, and who David does photography/video for had a client event at the Hazelmere Pumpkin Patch in Langley. We had just returned home from Whistler, but were committed to attending the event to visit and pick up some pumpkins! 


We highly recommend looking into Greg & Liz Holmes if you're looking to buy and/or sell. They go way above and beyond for their clients. We had such an amazing experience with them! It helps when David works with so many realtors, so he picked someone he thought would mesh well with us and that he trusts 100%.

Being the animal lover I am, I was MORE than delighted to see there were multiple petting-zoo pens. I did not go in any though, as we had Sherlock with us. Half the fun is seeing Sherlock react to the farm animals though, and vice versa.

I got a hold of the camera... Creepy shipwreck with Halloween decorations strewn about.

Handsome little Billy Goat

Sherlock was not very cooperative with my wish for super adorable Fall Toller photos.

Such a poser!


He looks happy, but this is actually one shot of 6 rapid-fire ones as he was eating a piece of grass and chewing obnoxiously. Don't believe everything you see in photos people! The actual situation is very rarely as magical as it seems!!


It took me a long time to find the perfect pumpkin... Sorry dear.


I thought we could take a cute family photo with the scare crow. Sherlock had other plans. ATTACK! He wasn't so sure about this creature. Took lots of convincing to even get close. David and I both had to go touch the scary being in order for Sherlock to stop woofing at it.

Still not quite sure about this thing... In the end, we did not have a successful cute photo. If we did though, it would have been magical. Reminder again that those super cute photos are rarely as they seem!


My strong husband carrying our pumpkins to the car. I selected mine without attempting to pick it up... Apparently it was really heavy... and huge... So sorry dear!


Sherlock and the Llama having tender kisses


More gentle kisses with this handsome goat! I was worried the goats were going to try head-butt him, but everyone either ran away or came and greeted Sherlock (and his crazy energy) with a calm nose-to-nose sniff. So precious.

Tough to get a good shot of this fat pot-bellied pig. 

I love the Fall, and I'm glad we got to get out to do a few Fall-ish things this year! I usually have every intention of doing these things, but something gets in the way! 

Next year's trip to the Pumpkin Patch is going to look a LOT different for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment