Thursday 14 April 2016

Thankful Thursday - 40

Life has been exceedingly hectic lately! I've hardly had the chance to think about blogging!
Nevertheless, Thursdays are my definite blog days!

This week I'm thankful for...

1. Our balconies & sunshine. Our past homes were all basement suites, and we never had an outdoor place to sit. Now, every chance I get, I'm out on one of our balconies or our patio space in the yard. {We haven't actually built the patio in the yard yet, but there's a spot for it}.

Last weekend David and I enjoyed our Pesto Pizza lunch with a glass of wine in the sunshine. 

2. A dog with personality. I'm sure everyone thinks their pet is the best and has the most personality, but I just get such a kick out of Sherlock and his goofy, happy-go-lucky demeanor. He makes me smile and laugh every single day, and he only drives me crazy some of the time!


We gave him the empty yogurt cup to lick out and he stuck it on his bottom jaw and just walked around like that for a while. What a character!

I often catch Sherlock sniffing my flowers. He actually ended up destroying the yellow one in this photo because he got his nose way too far into it and all the petals fell off!

Any time we leave the bathroom door open he runs and jumps into the tub. He will stand there for quite a while, hoping we turn the water on. The other day I closed the curtain on him and just left him there for a few minutes. Eventually he gave up and slunk out of the tub beneath the curtain. 

My very favorite snuggle monster! Seriously... how could this ever NOT many anyone feel better!

3. Indulging. I typically try to eat/cook relatively healthy food. Often focusing on including a protein, vegetable and sometimes a carb into our meals. Every so often, I forget about all of this and decide to indulge! When I don't do it frequently, it makes me feel less guilty and allows me to enjoy the tasty treats much more!. 


I went to Wendels in Fort Langley recently and enjoyed their Belgian Waffles with blueberries and smoked bacon. Wow. This was delicious! Normally I'm not much of a "sweets for breakfast" kind of girl, but this was worth every calorie. 


A healthy salad for dinner with Mom & Dad. We felt pretty great about ourselves until she whipped out a banana cream pie! Like I said before, I feel much less guilty eating a big slice of pie after having a salad for dinner!

What's not to like here? No caption needed!

What are you thankful for this week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment