Monday 25 April 2016

Food, Dogs and Smelly Things!

My life seems to revolve around food/drink and dogs. Every weekend I go to look at the events I've documented with photos and 99% of the time it ends up being pictures of what I ate/drank and the dogs I hung out with... 

I guess that is how I calculate how much fun I had? Haha seems so sad. 

Nevertheless, this is what I got up to this weekend!


Pho with Mom & Dad the night before they headed to Mexico for Opa & Oma's 50th Anniversary! {Did you know Pho is actually pronounced Pha or Fuh?}

Happy Sherly after I threw the ball for him for a bit Friday evening. We have a long grass patch right beside our house. Perfect for a game of fetch if we don't have time for a good walk!

We met up with David's parents for dinner at the Dublin Crossing Friday evening. We sat in the new section (where the old liquor store was). It had been a long time since we've gone there for dinner, and I was pleasantly surprised by the food and ambiance!


Saturday morning I decided Sherlock must be blowing his coat. There is a relentless amount of hair floating around our house. So disgusting! I figured it was time for grooming! This photo is after only 10(ish) minutes of brushing! SO MUCH HAIR!

We went to Tynehead for a walk with Ashley, Brian and little puppy Oakley! (He is so so cute). 

While we were walking, the bidding ended on Facebook for these giant paving stones! I got 21 2'X2' paving stones for $125!! What a steal! They're not even a year old too!
(I may or may not have been too focused on bidding and not focused enough on walking. I walked right into a tree in the bidding frenzy the last couple seconds... Ugh...)

This weekend already had a great start, and then Ashley had a Scentsy party hosted by her Aunt! There were 15 or so ladies from church who attended. I spent too much money, but I'm so excited! I LOVE smelly things, and this was Renee Heaven. 


As if the night could get any better.... This is Sawyer, Ashley's Aunt's 13 year old Golden Retriever. He and I became fast friends. 

Sunday evening we got a call from David's parents. Their deep freeze had died, and they quickly had to cook all the meat that had started defrosting! We went over there for a huge dinner of chicken, steak, salmon, prawns, rice pilaf and salad. 

The whole salmon was still on the BBQ at this point. Halfway through dinner I had to tell them, "Thank you for inviting us over to reap the benefits of your misfortune," or something to that effect. 

So my weekend is book-ended by food... could be worse right?! 

One of these days I'll write about something more interesting than what I ate on the weekend... I promise! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment