Tuesday 12 April 2016

A Whole New Bed...

David and I have been having less than wonderful sleeps the past couple months, and I've been waking up with back and neck pain every day. We figured maybe this had something to do with our bed! It was on the softer side, and definitely sloped towards the middle. 

We decided to go out last weekend to look at beds, and ended up coming home ordering a king size memory foam bed... um... that wasn't in the plan!

The new bed was delivered this weekend and we love it already! 

1. It's a king bed, meaning I have space to sprawl while I sleep!

2. It's memory foam, which means I don't feel David's twitching shaking the whole bed as he falls asleep. 

3. It is much more supportive than our old bed. My body isn't trying extra hard to keep my spine straight, so my muscles can relax.

4. I only woke up once last night! This is a big deal. I feel so much more rested today than I have in weeks!


The old Queen

Old bed has been re-located into our guest room! It actually looks like a respectable guest room now. As you can see out the window it has a nice view too. Overlooks the next complex down the hill and all the farmlands into Fleetwood!

This is our new baby! Such a beaut! We still need to get a frame for it, but that's okay. I don't mind being low to the ground for now. 

This duvet cover is from Homesense (our favorite store). I thought it was a nice compromise between masculine and feminine. I could still dress it up a little with some cute pillows :)

Sherlock seemed a little confused as to why we moved our bed into the other room. Being the easy going guy that he is, he went along with the flow...

David's Instagram post. It says, "Guest room comes optional with sleeping dog :)"

Thoroughly enjoyed his new vantage point over-looking the neighborhood!

It's not often you get the privilege of buying a new bed, but boy is it exciting!

That's all the excitement we have in our lives right now. Haha!





2 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a good bed! Sooo looking forward to going home to mine next week!! Love the duvet cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got my first apartment, I was broke. My family tried to help me out as much as possible, and one of my aunts bought me a bed with a new mattress. I never thought a new mattress was that important, but I was really wrong. This post speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete