Friday 26 May 2023

Thankful Friday - Preschool Events/Kindergarten Day/Lifestyle Videos/Family Time

Going to start this one off with a bunch of school stuff!

1. Mother's Day Tea. Emilia's class put on a Mother's Day Tea presentation for all the moms/mother-figures in the class. They sang 6 adorable songs, we drank lemon tea, and then got to hang out and have some cookies after. Emilia felt so special and sang beautifully <3.


Emilia 90% of the time. Most of the kids were looking at the teacher while singing. She looked me dead in the eyes haha. She's the sweetest. Also she seems to be holding hands with the boy beside her haha.

2. Preschool Field Trip Walk. Yesterday Emilia's class met at Godwin Park for a little walk. Emilia was timid and clingy as usual, but Eva was right in there. Off hugging trees, trudging through long grass, blowing dandelions, etc. It was super cute. She's ready for preschool (minus the potty-training)! Emilia just likes to watch, but not to be watched :). She'd much rather do things when it's just her comfortable people around. Fair enough, girl. I am much the same! 

They had a little BINGO scavenger hunt sheet. This was "hug a tree"


Toddlers. The whole group is ahead of me and Eva is booking it back the other direction.


Their social dynamic is interesting. Eva saw another girl playing in the rocks so walked over, knelt beside her and started doing it too. Emilia wandered in and apprehensively sat beside them poking at the rocks. 


Such a beautiful park!


3. Kindergarten Day. Okay... why are there only like 4 weeks left of school. Someone tell me this! We had Emilia's Kindergarten Day today. I brought her and I'm glad I had done this last year with Dom, because I was needed by her to stay at least in the same room or it was going to be a disaster. She was very nervous, got pretty overwhelmed at some points, but really enjoyed the scissors and coloring/drawing parts (of course). Now we've left and she just talks about how great it was haha. Her presentation does not equal her feelings apparently! She really hopes to get the same teacher as Dom has this year and I can't say I blame her. She's amazing. I love this school <3. 

4. Lifestyle Video! Speaking of Kimber Images, Dave and I went out with Amy & Brent and the boys to do a Lifestyle Video and photoshoot at Williams Park last weekend. We had fun :) I can't wait to see and send them the finished product! My role was mostly just to be a helper and hang out. Dave really doesn't need me there at all haha. I did take a few behind-the-scenes pics and video for Dave's business use though.

All three of their kids went through the forest preschool here, and Amy & Brent helped to build and set up much of it too. It's a super special place for them!

Commitment lol



5. Work flexibility. I'm doing my best to keep up with all my jobs. Things are picking up with Kimber Images, we have a Spartan Foundation event happening this weekend, and I'm trying to fit the household management, family and self in there somewhere! I'm very thankful for the flexibility to work from home when needed. 

7. Reasonable Temperatures. We've been able to actually play outside! We also just had another AC unit delivered today that will be very useful on our main floor during the next heat wave. However it came with a broken wheel. It was delivered from Costco, so it will be easy to exchange/return once they have AC stock in store, but still rather annoying.

I took all the kids and the dog for a walk one morning. All things considered it went very well!

We walked down to see the horses. Emilia has been very into horses since her horseback riding excursion a couple weeks ago.


Horseeeeeeeyyyyyyy!


$1 store find. He writes his "goals" for the week and his weekly plan. It then morphed into an ice rink for his hockey game he created with cars and a pompom. Everything becomes hockey. Every. Thing.




We went for a full family walk one day up to the liquor store to buy some beer. It was over 5km for the whole walk and everyone did SO well. I was very pleasantly surprised.


Wren helping Eva with her shoes <3
Wren calls us Mommy & Daddy haha. Eva calls Kirstin Mama, and Wren's Grandma Baba. I guess that's what they hear each other calling their parents so it just seems natural!

This beauty got a new dress in the mail from Uncle Adam & Aunty Aly for her birthday!


Crepes for dinner at Uncle Jeff & Aunty Marta's


These boys. Every day after school I get stuck there for an extra half hour playing hockey! Could be worse, but it definitely cuts into dinner-making time.

Someone in our household had been sick at points over the last two weeks so I didn't have any Nate snuggles for a while there! He's a month old now <3


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment