Tuesday 12 April 2022

Weekend - Birthday/Overnighter/Date Morning/Spin

I've been in a bit of an energy funk lately just feeling super blah and unmotivated and having a much harder time getting out of bed. I don't have much of a morning routine now that I'm not watching the news, and haven't been active in a while. Alas! I'm working on turning a corner with that. I have started taking iron again, am focused on drinking more water, and went to SPIN CLASS this morning. Me. Spin Class.

Anyway, life doesn't necessarily slow down just because I do! 

Last Friday I got some things done around the house, got Dom's new passport photos, and went over some addition with Dom. He was asking me "what's 32+64?" and other random math questions, and was so shocked I could get the answers so quickly. I showed him how to do it on paper and he was blown away. We haven't gone over carrying the one yet haha. Maybe I'll leave that to the professionals ;). Friday evening Dave was out playing basketball again, so I fired up the Rockband and played all by myself for a couple hours haha. Fun when there's zero pressure, but also less exciting when you do well!


A lot changes in 5 years!



He's so into drawing and colouring lately and I looooooove it! Here he's done a volcano with palm trees, island, and lava bombs falling from the sky...

Saturday was actually a relatively slow day at home. Dom dropped Eva, Emilia and I at the $1 sale at church and then took Dom to soccer at Clayton Park. The three of us walked over there to catch the last half. We relaxed for a bit in the afternoon, and then went to Jesse & Kirsten's for dinner! The kids were having a blast, but we had to leave early to get them to Opa & Oma's where they were spending the night. All three of them! This was our first time spending the night away from Eva. I was a little nervous as she's been in a funk lately too. It's Leap 8 for sure, but also she seems to not be tolerating the whole milk very well and her tummy is a bit upset and her bum is sore. We're going back to full formula for a bit, and then maybe we'll try again. Or try goats milk. The same thing happened to Dom. He just had toddler's diarrhea for like a year and a bit. No explanation really. Just annoying!


Anyway, we dropped them off and Eva was none too happy about this. Opa distracted her with some ice cream, and she eventually went to sleep, but was up crying a few times overnight. By the morning she had accepted Opa & Oma into her good books finally haha. 

After dropping off the kids, we went out to South Surrey for a surprise party for Michael DJ! We had a blast. We were out way late, but both our cheeks hurt from laughing. After too much wine and junk food, we were a little groggy on Sunday morning, but with no kids in the house, we stayed in bed til almost 9, and then grabbed some breakfast at Starbucks and took Sherlock to White Rock for a walk! It was reminiscent of the freedom of pre-children days. 




Dave and I swapped nap times when we got home with the kids, and then he went out to shoot a big job at a choir concert. I was in survival mode being completely exhausted, so Dom played hockey on the deck, we had Annie's for dinner, and they watched Mulan before bed. Best mom ever! Haha. 


Yesterday I was feeling rather touched out and little-peopled-out. I brought up the water table we got on the side of the road last fall and cleaned and filled it. Eva was STOKED! She didn't even know what to do with herself. I had like 5 minutes of peace (other than the leaf blowers as it was lawn day...) before the neediness continued. I'll take the 5 minutes over zero minutes though. 

All the magnolia trees are finally in bloom

Dave had a slower work day since he was out the whole day before, so we had the kids outside from about 2:00-5:00! I had prepped dinner, but just had to cook it, so I could be out there for a while too. He did his workout and did sprints with the kids at the green belt which made him look like Superman. 



Maybe it's the mullet, but I'm getting serious Froggy vibes here...

Then this morning Dave did preschool drop off, and I met up with Ash and Marta at SpinHouse in Langley for this spin class. It's a pretty cool set up. All dark, fun lights, loud music, etc. I couldn't hear a word the instructor was saying, but I'm sure I'll get used to it after going a few times. I think we're going to try meet up again and go early early mornings before the husbands go to work. It kills me to spend money on these things, but right now I'm in a free trial so I'm going to give it a good go, and if it's going to make me feel good and get me some exercise then it's worth the money! 




No comments:

Post a Comment